Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: High resolution images of upcoming 25th Anniv/Animated figures

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    And it seems you've broken into BWs w/ the Optimal toy.
    Just 1 for now...and with other repaints and moulds that exist in the BW series.

Okay, it's not Earth, but we may change it to Earth later on!

So is the 3 headed one Scourge? It looks like Scourge from Cybertron, but he wasn't a Predacon...

The RiD Bruticus toy was originally intended for Beast Machines, and even appears to have some sort of mechanism missing/gutted from the final production line figure, suggesting a last minute cost cutting measure to make the one-off figure more profitable in its rather limited release in RiD packaging. The Megahead Megatron and Air Attack Optimus were similar figures, that didn't see production before BM was axed, but was far enough in the 18 month production process to force its release in some way, reguardless of the current series or packaging. I'm guessing the Titanium WW Prowl and Grimlock are a similar story, with a (limited) store exclusive release being financially better than cutting their losses on toy designs that were right near the end of the design and production process. Even if they made a loss on those two figures, they may have lost more by not using the moulds that were created before the line was axed (probably the most expensive step in the creation process).

Quote Originally Posted by Beast_Wars_Superior View Post
    So is the 3 headed one Scourge? It looks like Scourge from Cybertron, but he wasn't a Predacon...
    The original toy was Scourge from Cybertron, but this Universe recolour is apparently being called Bruticus, which was a deluxe sized toy (cerberos dog) packaged and released during the 2001 series 'Robots in Disguise', but as I just posted above, it was a toy meant for Beast Machines, and as such should be a Vehicon, but could still be classed as a Predacon, due to it being in the 'Beast Era', and being more markettable that way in the 25th Anniversary sub-line.

so when are these coming out?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    it was a toy meant for Beast Machines, and as such should be a Vehicon, but could still be classed as a Predacon, due to it being in the 'Beast Era', and being more markettable that way in the 25th Anniversary sub-line.
    Well technically if had been a Beast Machines figure, Bruticus would have been a Maximal given the anti-organic nature of BW Megatron's Vehicons. He does fit better with RID Megatron's "Predacon" forces.

And I agree some more homages to the Terrorcons would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Well technically if had been a Beast Machines figure, Bruticus would have been a Maximal given the anti-organic nature of BW Megatron's Vehicons. He does fit better with RID Megatron's "Predacon" forces.
    That is true. Although, there was a bit of a mythical beast theme appearing at the end of Beast Machines, and as much as the Maximals had the animal theme, a cerberos dog doesn't sound too friendly, or Maximal. Since it was written up as Megatron's guard dog, it would have been a mere pet to him. An insignificant animal. But it would be odd for someone like Megatron who loathed anything organic or animalistic to have something like Bruticus by choice.
    I was maybe thinking that it could have been a left over of the Transmetal 2's to go with Dragon Megatron as a Mythical Beast. That series of toys appeared to be wrapped up rather quickly, with only 17 (!) toys released in that year of toys.
    Amazing isn't it, that 9 years ago, we had less than a 10th of the toys released that we do now each year. Would have made for a great time to catch up on older figures...

The Maximals had Battle Unicorn, and unicorns are evil in the world of Transformers...

*shudder* very evil!

Maybe if the Bruticus toy had been a Maximal in Beast Machines he would have had a name like Fluffy? (Who told you about Fluffy?)

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
    Inferno truly fills me with joy. I was huge into firetrucks as a kid.
    I'll happily second that. Made me as dizzy as a schoolgirl seeing pics of Inferno.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)