O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Some of those figures look pretty good!

Quote Originally Posted by kuzzy View Post
    why does houd come with ravage?
    Probably a reference to More Than Meets the Eye... or maybe there was some spare budget.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

It was mentioned at BotCon (if I recall correctly) at the Hasbro panel that it is indeed a homage to that Gen1 episode with Ravage hitching a ride on Hound.

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    Yes, maybe between those two, but I think the overall unlikely has to be inferno. Unlike those two, they did a whole new freaking mould instead of trying to fit names.

A big brick firetruck has to be the most obscure thing to appear in this line.
    Not really, we got Energon Inferno back in 2003. Fire trucks aren't a common TF form, but given Hasbro's stance for Universe, a new-mold Inferno was alot more likely than RID Bruticus in ANY form.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    & with a different accessory, we may even get a Botcon Grapple...
    Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    If we do get a Botcon Grapple, I would be peed off

He should be retail.
    I wish people would stop thinking potential redecos or retools of Universe are destined for BotCon just because of the 2007 set. It's a fact that the 2007 set was planned out in 2006, probably before wave 1 of Classics was even released in stores (judging by the time needed to design decos and produce the toys in time for BotCon that year). As Hasbro only had Classics to fill out the product line gap between Cybertron and the Movie, they didn't intend to continue the line, so they thought they might as well let BotCon use them so the other seekers would be available.

Given the unending shitstorm over that decision, I doubt Hasbro will let conventions do original-style G1 characters again.

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    But given that they've given Hungrr and legends mode on the mold, its just lazy to give it to some random nothing that no one cares about. Good toy or not, there are some toys who ppl just don't give a crap about. I love me Gasskunk/Nightglider but I sure as hell would not want to have them homaged when a G1 choice is better.

And it seems you've broken into BWs w/ the Optimal toy.

I should mention too that Swindle annoys me, he's nowhere near as cool as his cartoon self. The others look decent though.
    But Universe isn't just about G1, nor is G1 the only important thing in Transformers.

I mean, expand your horizons and appreciate the obscure, the more maligned or less-appreciated parts of Transformers I know I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing Armada Hot Shot done properly.

Bruticus was a RID character, btw.
    Last edited by FFN; 23rd September 2008 at 01:23 AM.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

Quote Originally Posted by FFN
    Not really, we got Energon Inferno back in 2003. Fire trucks aren't a common TF form, but given Hasbro's stance for Universe, a new-mold Inferno was alot more likely than RID Bruticus in ANY form.
    Cybertron Prime/Galaxy Convoy & Animated Prime are fire engines too.
    But these are all "fantasy" (i.e.: futuristic/Cybertronian) looking vehicles. I think Universe Inferno is the first realistic looking fire engine we've had since Fire Convoy (RiD Prime; Hino Brandbilar fire engine. G1 Inferno was also a Hino - possibly older model Brandbilar, not sure)

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Another Classics Starscream??
    Cyclonus looks great except his legs are a little skinny.
    Hound looks awesome. Wait till you see how Ravage transforms.
    Inferno and Blurr look excellent as well.
    Beachcomber and Brawn are a little small. Would have liked to see them in scale with Classics BB and CJ.

EDIT: Who's the little Decepticon that looks like Outback?

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    I wish people would stop thinking potential redecos or retools of Universe are destined for BotCon just because of the 2007 set. It's a fact that the 2007 set was planned out in 2006, probably before wave 1 of Classics was even released in stores (judging by the time needed to design decos and produce the toys in time for BotCon that year). As Hasbro only had Classics to fill out the product line gap between Cybertron and the Movie, they didn't intend to continue the line, so they thought they might as well let BotCon use them so the other seekers would be available.

Given the unending shitstorm over that decision, I doubt Hasbro will let conventions do original-style G1 characters again.
    I (like many others) will always believe Hasbro should have left Ramjet for Botcon with the other 2 Coneheads while Skywarp/Thundercracker should have been released retail in a 2-pack... *shakes head*

They really screwed up badly on that front... (There are times like this when fandom input can go a long way... )

So many photos, so confusing, wait till they arrive then decide.

However, loving Legends bumblebee, beach comber, cyclonus, hound and inferno
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!