Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast

Thread: SPOILER THREAD: SW: The Force Awakens

I just watched it again for the second time. I was able to enjoy the first half more, but as soon as Han turns up, the movie takes a downward trend.

After Han dies and the Star-Killer is blown up, Rey gets off a shuttle back at the Resistance Base and is greeted with a hug by Leia. But the problem is, these two characters have never met, nor would they have any idea as to who each other are. They don't speak to each other, but know they should hug?

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    I just watched it again for the second time. I was able to enjoy the first half more, but as soon as Han turns up, the movie takes a downward trend.

After Han dies and the Star-Killer is blown up, Rey gets off a shuttle back at the Resistance Base and is greeted with a hug by Leia. But the problem is, these two characters have never met, nor would they have any idea as to who each other are. They don't speak to each other, but know they should hug?
    I think it was because she knew Leia sensed Han's deth and was trying to comfort her.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Captain Phasma.

Screen time: 1:03

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Captain Phasma.

Top 3 Characters Fans Love That Do Nothing
    Captain Phasma
    Boba Fett
    Darth Maul (he killed one guy and the fans brought him back in the Clone Wars )

Megatran Guest

Captain Phasma.

It felt a lot shorter. Did she actually do anything?

Yet the toys & merchandise are being pumped out in her honour.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    I think it was because she knew Leia sensed Han's deth and was trying to comfort her.
    And knew that how?

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    And knew that how?
    The Force?

Just saw it last night. I thought it was pretty good, although I didn't really like the fact that the plot seemed to parallel A New Hope so much.

Something I noticed in hindsight is that this movie seems a lot 'smaller' in scope than the last new Star Wars movie. The prequel movies seemed very big and grand in scope, whereas this one didn't feel quite so 'big' - in that regard it's pretty close to the original trilogy (although those movies felt 'smaller' due to budget and technology limitations).

I wish I never read that spoiler months ago that said Han would die - during that confrontation on the long, narrow bridge at Starkiller base, I was waiting for Kylo to stab Han with his lightsaber, so that killed any sense of will-he-won't-he suspense for me. I was, however, partially expecting an explosion or some other distraction to force them apart so they would have to meet again at another time.

Captain Phasma.

The one in silver sparkly outfit?

Kylo mentions the sea and an island when probing into Rey's mind. Where does she end up at the end of the film? On an island, surrounded by sea. Been there before has she, hm?

But in regards to that scene, does anyone feel it was a glorified post-credits scene? The movie would end with the falcon zooming off into hyper-space. Roll credits. Then back after the credits with Rey and Chewie arriving on mystery planet.

Also, in regards to traveling via hyperspace: The Republic fleet can't arrive in time to help with the fight against the Star-Killer, but the Falcon zooms off to some far-flung planet in a matter of moments? Urgh.