Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: CW Computron Boxset

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Interesting on the actual pic that nosecone has the Decepticon insignia on him, that is clearly takaras groove prototype and lightspeed is clearly just smokescreen given the numbers. Must be an early prototype shot. Just shows how little effort it takes when the retool
    The sensible thing is to do up a cheap mockup to see if the idea will work or even get approval from the bosses or bean-counters, so this was probably the very first physical concept proposal, thrown together with existing toys and prototype parts/toys. Judging by the grey Groove prototype being used, you can probably work out the rough time-frame this proposal idea was whipped together at the Hasbro offices.

found this over on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    You're right. And that photo is the source of the pic that people thought was part of Liokaiser, casting that combiner into doubt.
    Yes, the grey photo of the drill that was labelled as Liokaiser is indeed from this image, but the artwork of Liokaiser is in the same style of the Combiner Wars combiners, so should mean it is real too.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Yes, the grey photo of the drill that was labelled as Liokaiser is indeed from this image, but the artwork of Liokaiser is in the same style of the Combiner Wars combiners, so should mean it is real too.
    Maybe. But there was also recently that artwork of Omega Supreme in the same style that was found to be fan art, so I'm not 100% convinced about Liokaiser yet. Two bits of evidence made it more believable but the art on it's own...?

From Weibo user Starscream韋:

He's still too much of a forced repaint for me to get, but those feet and fists are a HUGE improvement over previous CW's toys. Why didn't they just do that to start with. Kinda wondering what the rumored Liokaiser will look like now

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    ... those feet and fists are a HUGE improvement over previous CW's toys. Why didn't they just do that to start with.
    They probably saw how popular the Perfect Effect add-ons were and decided not to cheap out this time.

not sure if I will get this one. I knew and loved the inital combiners when I was a kid so I bought superion, menasor and defensor and have the takara bruticus on order. I think even though the old ones all had unique molds Computron stood out as different with the more out there sci fi aesthetic and I don't think this one really does it. I never had any technobots and don't really remember watching any cartoon episodes with them so I have less nostalgic feelings towards them too. So perhaps this is when 'mold fatigue' has gotten me

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    He's still too much of a forced repaint for me to get, but those feet and fists are a HUGE improvement over previous CW's toys. Why didn't they just do that to start with?
    Because they needed parts that could be used as either fist or foot for the individual deluxes. The boxed sets don't have that issue. It was discussed when they showed off Victorion the first time.

Glad I preordered this one. I like the new paint job on Scattershot (solo release was definitely a beta[tron]) and Afterburner looks sweet.

Can't wait to see the alt-modes.