Page 46 of 152 FirstFirst ... 263641424344454647484950515666 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post

You must hate Soccer than!

To be fair to the AFL, it's only ever happened 3 times in 113 years... it hasn't really been that much of a big deal.
    different game, they dont award you points for missing a goal....
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    different game, they dont award you points for missing a goal....
    Good point (no pun intended )... they should only award points for a goal. That should lessen the chance of ending up in a draw
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Chelsea lose, Arsenal lose, Liverpool draw.

The perfect football evening.
    Too bad Man U couldn't do much better....
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    I think you just justified their reasoning in your criticism!
    From the AFL's point of view yes but did you see how angry the players were after? They want a result on the day

Quote Originally Posted by mknell View Post
    did you see how angry the players were after? They want a result on the day
    Then they should have played better.

So a repeat AFL Final and an extremely uninteresting NRL Grand Final.

Cricket Season cannot start soon enough.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I don't care that much about AFL, but as a born and raised Victorian it does seep through as such a big part of life in this state. The draw outcome is so strange. Nobody quite knows what to do when it's the day after the Grand Final and there's no winning team. It's a bizarre feeling.
    Think of all the hundreds of people, probably thousands, who would have been involved in planned functions and events on both sides... venue reservations and extra staff to cover it, catering, supplies at minor venues like pubs in those two areas to cover potential celebratory sales - everything you see after a Grand Final, from the second the siren sounds and presentations are made, to the street parades and functions around Melbourne.
    Plus, events that were scheduled for next weekend that have to be re-scheduled or cancelled that don't dare compete with an AFL grand final.
    (and what of those fans who travelled inter-state for the final, who can't afford to do it all again, or get away for it at such short notice)

i couldn't care less about AFL, and yet when I walked through the office at work and saw that Dimitriou guy talking abou the result, I could see the dollar signs popping up in his eyes. His little smirk, I bet he couldn't have wished for a better finish. It irritate me and I don't follow footy at all.

What a stupid code, to have such a crap way of fixing a draw, I mean, come on. Haven't they heard of sudden death? Surely even 5 minutes of overtime would've seen a result.

If i was a fan and had to fly over, I would be very, very pissed off right now. "I went over for the grand final, but it wasn't a grand final..."

I am surprised there was no booing. Consiering how fond AFL fans are of booing, this would've been a perfect moment. Boo Dimitriou into obscurity!

$15 million extra for a second GF... not a bad days work for the AFL.
    And they need it to cover for the losses they will have from team GWS in the next few years!

I feel for the players, Its bad enough when finals get washed out in juniors, where you dont play and have to live with the hype/fear/whatever for another week, let alone to play a whole game and then have to come back the next week.

I'm interested to know if there will be another parade, grand final breakfast etc, and whether or not this second final will be a bit "been there, done that" for many of the non diehard Pies/Saint fans?

On the flipside, sports fans get a good reason for a two day bender...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    i couldn't care less about AFL,

What a stupid code,
    Australian Rules Football is a far better game than that English game of Rugby. Rugby really sucks as a spectacle. Giant, no-brained, steroid using rock-apes throwing a ball backwards and running into each other. How is it even a sport?
    Australian Rules doesn't require a gorilla like build (and attitude), the game is highly skilled and fast.
    And best of all it's not some foreign import. It's something created by the people of this beautiful nation.