Page 16 of 152 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212636 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Getting close to League season.

That being said I finally got around to watching the WCC. My god how biased were the English commentators. Good to see an Aussie team win... even if it was Manly.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Getting close to League season.

That being said I finally got around to watching the WCC. My god how biased were the English commentators. Good to see an Aussie team win... even if it was Manly.
    The WCC was a farce, Manly dominated, the score didnt reflect how poor the English team was. Having a game without slushy icey rain did help Manly.
    And the English Commentators are always overly biased!

Should be an interesting few weeks to see how teams shape up. I expect Manly to do well, even with all the scandal around them, and I think the Cowboys and Bulldogs will be greatly improved.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

So how many of you tipped Melbourne to scrape in a victory, and for the Bulldogs and Bunnies to win by those huge margins?

I sure as hell didn't, and now I find myself relying on the Tigers Monday night hoodoo to save face!

Well, being a Melbourne fan I always pick Melb

But yeah, would never have picked the Bulldogs or Rabbits in a million years haha

GI sending Soward flying cracked me up, just charged him like a bull and he was out of there haha http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Liczwi70JQ

Anthony Quinn playing the ball the wrong way was also pretty humorous haha

North Melbourne-bot...?

Actually, in my tipping comp, I was the only person in the pool of 20 to pick Rabbitohs for the win. My only dud tip was the Eagles whom I was going to pick against due to the distractions they had during the week but forgot to change my tip because I was out on Friday arvo till just before kickoff.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    Actually, in my tipping comp, I was the only person in the pool of 20 to pick Rabbitohs for the win.
    Only the diehard bunny supporters picked them in my tipping comp. Melbourne were a unanimous tip, but I doubt anyone picked the score!

So Bunnies are #1 unless the Raiders or the Tigers win by more than 40...

Don't worry Trunks the Tigers will win by 50!

My brother tipped the doggies. I tipped the cowboys because I thought The Broncs had too many rookies in the side

Anyone else got a fantasy team going?
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

The tigers will get revenge when the season starts end of March, the victory will be sweet and cause moral in the Carlton team to cookie crumble throughout the season, which will lead them to woody spooners 2009
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

The Doggies were always going to beat Manly. A mate at work expressed his concern to me on Friday about his team facing Manly first up. I simply replied, "You're specials. Manly have other sh*t on their mind. You couldn't face them at a better time". He thought about it for about 5 seconds then agreed wholeheartedly (:

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

As much as I hate Phil Gould, the call on MMM was pretty good last night (I only heard the first half).

I think both the Tigers and the Raiders have the same philosophy that Penrith had in the early 2000's: Doesn't matter how many points you score, we'll score more.

Bunnies are #1 on the ladder, Easts are last, bet that is making more than a few League supporters smile!