Thread: Transformers Room Construction - any tips?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Well it's a full 3 years later and at a completely different address (and in a different State) but the Transformatorium is finally happening!

At our old place it was going to be an extension of the main house, but we could never get builders who were available, but its a good thing it didn't get built since we moved anyway. Now instead of being attached to the main house its going to be its own separate building. Signed with the shed designers and builders yesterday. Here is a rough mock-up I've done of what we are building (the real plans have our address all over them so obviously not posting them in a public forum):

EDIT: I drew that wrong. It is actually 11.5m long, not 8.5m. So those car spaces are 3m wide and 5m long, not 3x3. So the building is longer than wider, as opposed to how I drew it

So yeah, the shed will comprise a 3-vehicle sealed & covered carport with a rollerdoor leading into a storage room. The main room will be for my collection with a glass sliding door but no other entries or windows, and will be putting a curtain over the glass door. Between that and the insulation it should provide enough protection from varying temperatures for my collection to be safe.

Hopefully within 4 months this will be built. Of course then will have to get electricity hooked up and start to build shelving, as well as a big table in the centre to play on.

So yay - after near a decade I will finally get to get my entire collection out of storage

So now I no longer require any tips on the construction, but if anyone has any on how to build cheap yet strong shelving yell out as there is no way I can afford to do all glass cabinets. Also I'll have to think about lighting, since all natural light will be blocked out.
    Last edited by BigTransformerTrev; 7th May 2019 at 08:14 PM.