Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: update expectations from online suppliers

Default update expectations from online suppliers

I'm confused by the desperation for updates. I've never heard of people expecting regular updates from other international suppliers like we seem to expect updates from PC, TFI and other Australian suppliers. it's the same business. When they get the product in they ship it out as quickly as they can.

I get that waiting for your item to turn up when others have already received it is nerve-racking.

the geography of Australia means that if stuff ships one day and then the next it can get to one destination a lot quicker than another. This stands out a lot more than stuff being shipped from an overseas supplier as well. would people prefer that the local supplier hold on to everything until it's all packed and send it two weeks later all at once?
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Agreed. It's not like we're paying premium prices either.

Agreed, the behaviour of many is completely absurd.

In an ideal world, anyone that has a whinge on a company's facebook page about their product not shipping yet should get theirs held back another week - in situations where it's obvious that the item has just arrived in stock and is still being processed.

I agree. The only updates should be unforeseen delays for reason x, or goods damaged on arrival, or some noteworthy event that is out of the ordinary.
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

Ditto
    The expectations are getting ridiculous, it's like waiting a week for a figure will end the world!
    You are getting good figures at good prices so chill
    Dapto Dog for 2017

So true. Have some patience and show a little flexibility with the deliveries people!
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Yeah, any Australian based seller/supplier I consider are second tier stockists who receive a trickle of items over time. That includs PC, Figuresdirect and fellow forumers who mass purchase for others. So I expect a delay in receiving the item and accept that others in the same pre-order group may receive theirs first.

If you want an item first off the bat, order from Japan or US based stockists but expect to pay a premium. You get what you pay for.

Actually I'd say that PC is delivering a premium service in this regard. Anyone who follows their FB page would note that they regularly post pictures of the arrival of new stock and indicate that they will start shipping. Not many places even go that far.

I am totally biased though, I am in love with PC <3

CoRDS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

ive been waiting for ft03t from TFI since i paid in full in december

i still have no figure . if i had ordered from ANY of the overseas places i would have had my order in december.

i get things extremely fast from overseas vendors the only one ive ever had issues with is the ones in .au

There' some generalisations happening from all sides here.

Yes it is dumb to whinge about how your toy hasn't been shipped yet when the supplier clearly hasn't got it in stock. It is also silly to expect daily updates from said shop. And you're an entitled brat if you whinge because person "X" got a shipping notice before you.

However, it is not unreasonable to enquire after the status of your order, when 3 weeks after purchasing an "in stock" item it has still not been posted. By now most people have caught on to the fact that when TFI say something is "in stock" it is really in stock with his supplier and may not get to him for several weeks. But it's highly annoying when you don't know this and he won't answer your emails. (And just to be clear, TFI is not the only Australian seller I have experienced this with. It's quite misleading)

The main difference between someone like PC/TFI and BBTS is that if you have an issue with BBTS, you email them, they answer (promptly) and you're happy. The Australian retailers actively encourage us to contact them through social media rather than email. Thus, our enquiries become public and others can jump on your thread and turn a simple question into a s#!t storm of epic proportions. So in a way I see this as a problem of their own making. While some people need a good slap upside the head for their man-babying, of course these things are going to happen when your major contact path is through a public social media site.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain