Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: NY Toyfair 2016 reveals and displays

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post
    Are there any photos of the Trypticon early design? All the sites are mentioning it, but I can't find any photos or even a description of it
    It may have been a "no photo" part of Toyfair, but its surprising that no details at all have been mentioned (that I can find.)
    Having the same problem.

Overall I'm really happy with what's on show, though I'm not a massive fan of the Headmaster gimmick, I personally greatly prefer Targetmasters.

But considering how cool CW was and how great lots of these figures look I've really gotta take my hat off to Hasbro

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    I'm trying to cut down just to Masterpiece, Lego Star Wars and 6 inch Black Series Star Wars, but damn, this looks like the best line (IMO) ever, other then MP!
    This fair is great! I saved my wallet a lot this year. No MPs , a dull fort max which didn't get me excited as what I thought it was going to be. And seeing all these head masters means no MPs for those in future too.

All in all I am good. Pretty sure news in two more months we get some MPs for August and November

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    This fair is great! I saved my wallet a lot this year. a dull fort max which didn't get me excited as what I thought it was going to be.
    Really?

I mean... fair enough.... but.... really?!?

You know what? I'm not bagging you out at all over this man, I'm really not. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and if you don't think much of this Fort Max then you are perfectly valid to think that way.

But I'm just a bit stunned, I mean... what were you expecting? Especially since it was announced ages ago this was going to be a retool of Generations Metroplex.

There are a few things one could nitpick at I'll grant you:

*The city mode doesn't really look like the G1 version
    *The robot mode is quite lanky in the legs like Metroplex. A shame considering the original Fort Max had such stocky ones.
    *No Gasket and Grommet

But there is so much GOOD stuff here!:

*A pretty cool reimagining of the city mode while still having plenty of elements of the original!
    *Size - he's as tall as the original Fort Max!
    *A battle base/space cruiser mode that frankly looks better than the original!
    *Faithful colour scheme!
    *Cerebros as a Headmaster!
    *Cerebros has his own Headmaster!
    *Giant Fricken Leg Cannons!

I'm not sure how they could have done it any better - I know I couldn't have! I'm genuinely curious to what you find lacking about this figure and what you think they should have done differently. Admittedly I trawl the other TF forums very little but this is the first I've heard of someone not liking the new Fort Max so my interest is piqued.

Urm yes really. If it's excites you be my guess, I am happy for ya.
    Hey I am not upset though. I am just glad it was not exciting enough for me and hence saved me money.

The colours for me are way too dull. FYI I have asked other collectors opinions and they felt the same .

Anyway I am not here to bash fort max. You are entitled to be excited and be happy. I am happy I saved cash from this fair.

FYI I can get fort max basically free and I am not going to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Urm yes really. If it's excites you be my guess, I am happy for ya.
    Hey I am not upset though. I am just glad it was not exciting enough for me and hence saved me money.

The colours for me are way too dull. FYI I have asked other collectors opinions and they felt the same .

Anyway I am not here to bash fort max. You are entitled to be excited and be happy. I am happy I saved cash from this fair.

FYI I can get fort max basically free and I am not going to do it.
    I'll take a free one?
    Seriously though I agree with BTT- Fort Max couldn't have been done more faithfully and awesomly!
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    So I'm wondering if Hasbro were going to do any reveals for their Masterpiece line, they would've done it by now?
    Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    Maybe not, as the MP line in the US is usually a store exclusive. Events like this one are to show off to as many retailers as possible...
    9 times out of 10, they don't show store exclusives, unless it is something impressive to pad out the display (and not actually pitch to retailers). In the past we've had some of the Masterpiece toys included in the Toyfair Displays (like Grimlock a couple years ago), and the Masterpiece line is usually mentioned in their slide show presentation (as one of the items aimed at the older demographic), so it is telling that they didn't include it anywhere this year.
    Something I'll have to remember to ask at the Australian Toyfair this year.

At least for Australia, if Hasbro (America) stop producing Masterpiece toys (because ToysRUs overprice them to the point of being unsellable), we should still have some of the Japanese ones be imported here in Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    I'll take a free one?
    Seriously though I agree with BTT- Fort Max couldn't have been done more faithfully and awesomly!
    Ur no as is my free credits. I buy something I want when I see it.

Yeah I get it. And I don't mean to offend anyone either. Fort max isn't my cup of tea this year. Typticon maybe metroplex was an instant hit for me.

Don't worry I am not going to be in a fort max thread bagging it. I stay away from things I have no interest

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post
    Are there any photos of the Trypticon early design? All the sites are mentioning it, but I can't find any photos or even a description of it
    It may have been a "no photo" part of Toyfair, but its surprising that no details at all have been mentioned (that I can find.)
    It is indeed surprising that no one has at least given us some sort of commentary on Trypticon, like if it looked very Gen1, or over-simplified to make it cheaper to produce (there's not much redeco/remould potential as Gigastorm is very obscure, so I'd be surprised if even TakaraTomy do it).

I asked the owner of BWTF site about his thoughts, and he said it was "very G1-centric", and seemed impressed by it.

Hasbro should show off the designs again at BotCon in two months time, so if anyone is keen to see it, there's at least one reason to attend.

Okay if Ben was happy with it, I'll be happy with it.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It is indeed surprising that no one has at least given us some sort of commentary on Trypticon, like if it looked very Gen1, or over-simplified to make it cheaper to produce (there's not much redeco/remould potential as Gigastorm is very obscure, so I'd be surprised if even TakaraTomy do it).

I asked the owner of BWTF site about his thoughts, and he said it was "very G1-centric", and seemed impressed by it.

Hasbro should show off the designs again at BotCon in two months time, so if anyone is keen to see it, there's at least one reason to attend.
    Cool, thanks for the extra bit of info "Very G1 centric" is a good starting point