Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: $70 Platinum Edition Trypticon at ToysRUs

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
    Too early to pick best news of 2016?

Best AND worst news of 2016???

Megatran Guest

Total stock when first released was 300 units (150 cartons).

Not suprised about these cancellations.

Yeah good luck on getting them on bait advertising. It just won't happen. ACCC will not get off their back side and investigate and even in the unlikely event they did, it would come down to the word 'reasonable'. Any half decent lawyer will cover their back side on this.

Just to be clear, I am not saying that it is not bait advertising. I am saying that they can probably establish at law that it is not.

Yep, got cancelled as well!

Feckin' TRU!

I don't think it would classify as bait advertising.
    It wasn't really 'advertised', just on clearance. Or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Demonac View Post
    I don't think it would classify as bait advertising.
    It wasn't really 'advertised', just on clearance. Or am I missing something?
    That was my thought too just after I posted it. Clearance of an item could mean the difference as it was about liquidating stock, not maintaining it.

either way it's fairly inappropriate to not have control of stock levels, even if everything is warehoused at stores, there's still a large number of people getting cancelled, I can't imagine it would be hard to stop orders happening past the number of stock spread over their entire network. then at least only a few people would be missing out because their item was purchased off the shelf before it could be gathered by staff.

between here and FB, I'd have to count at least 20 or 30 people missing out so far.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    either way it's fairly inappropriate to not have control of stock levels, even if everything is warehoused at stores, there's still a large number of people getting cancelled, I can't imagine it would be hard to stop orders happening past the number of stock spread over their entire network. then at least only a few people would be missing out because their item was purchased off the shelf before it could be gathered by staff.

between here and FB, I'd have to count at least 20 or 30 people missing out so far.
    They can't even sort out case assortments, leaving you to buy 'random' figures...all the way up to leader class. What makes you think they can track stock in real time? :P

Well I just hope two things. That toys r us takes this as indication that they can make sales when they aren't heavily inflating the prices, and that the majority of sales went to actual fans and collectors rather then resellers and scalpers

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    Well I just hope two things. That toys r us takes this as indication that they can make sales when they aren't heavily inflating the prices, and that the majority of sales went to actual fans and collectors rather then resellers and scalpers
    Some scalper ones have already shown up on eBay. One guy in Perth advertising one for $190 - nearly 3 times what he would have paid