Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: $70 Platinum Edition Trypticon at ToysRUs

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Can I ask - for those that have had their orders cancelled, did you pay by Paypal or Credit Card? Just wondering because I used the later and haven't received either a cancellation or shipping confirmation. Just wondering if this has made any difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ploughmans Lunch View Post
    Those who had their orders cancelled- did you buy more than one at a time?
    I bought a single one with credit card. around 4 pm on the day of the 'sale'
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Ploughmans Lunch View Post
    Those who had their orders cancelled- did you buy more than one at a time?
    Two at a bit before 4.30.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    Online orders cancelled due to finite stock, yet this guy was able to go in today and they magically found one out the back. Good luck for him but I suspect there will be more and more cases of these being moved out back rather then head office honoring all the online sales they made

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...73011742988972
    From what I understand, online orders are sourced from warehouse stock which is independent of store stock, so it wouldn't surprise me if they canned the online orders and divvy that stock out to stores, because it would look mighty suspicious, if in a couple weeks time, the listing for Trypticon suddenly comes back online at an inflated price.
    Last edited by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!!; 5th March 2016 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    Atleast 10 sitting on the shelf at Ctown
    What price is it? Still $70? Tempted to go but it's 100km ddrive total.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    What price is it? Still $70? Tempted to go but it's 100km ddrive total.
    This was in reference to the Unite Warriors Superion set I believe otherwise I'd be down there buying all 10 for you guys

I wonder how long before we see Superion reduced...
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshi594 View Post
    i haven't seen superion at my local toys r us...maybe he already sold out?
    Atleast 10 sitting on the shelf at Ctown

Went to Ctown this morning and nothing on the shelves, asked front counter and computer said none left, older lady chimed in that some guy went in friday and bought the lot at once and she was not happy about there being nothing she could do about it.
    She did say it was a pricing error and it had already been fixed up...

^ wonder if this is our fist pumping Devy scalper as he's from Ctown right?

There was one left at Ctown Thursday evening after I bought one.

Those scumbags who purchase multiple items for the express purpose of scalping ought to get a certain black/purple dinosaur shoved up their ass...and then said dinosaur's walking mode should be turned on

I wonder if this whole "oh noes it was a pricing error" memo is just damage control to try and cover their asses. Consumer law does not necessarily obligate a company to honour their customers' purchases if the pricing code was in error. This could be the route TRU are taking. If they simply didn't account for the large influx of customer sales, then that's a different matter. Unfortunately it's hard to prove. What's sad is that TRU is counting on most people to just whinge, complain and move on, rather than following up with something like consumer affairs. Sadly I'm probably one of those people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    Those scumbags who purchase multiple items for the express purpose of scalping ought to get a certain black/purple dinosaur shoved up their ass...and then said dinosaur's walking mode should be turned on
    I love the anger that this type of behaviour gives us collectors, like the pic of that knob with all the Devvies mid last year, we live in a "free market" capitalist society, while these types of people piss me off to no end as well the only real way we could stop them is if we lived in a truly communist society which at this stage has not existed, the closest would be a big hippie commune but as far as I know they aren't into TF's
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by aussietemplar View Post
    TRU insider here.

Yes the price was meant to be $199.98 .. but magically it scanned up at $69.98 on Thursday morning.. we thought they were just clearing them out by at 11am on Friday we were told it was a mistake.. too late anyway as 90% of the company's inventory had sold through anyway.

who ever got one was just lucky to get it at that price. by the time it was time for us to process our online orders, we had sold out of the stock - hence all the refunds.
    forgive me if I don't believe what head office is saying to you guys and it's a pretty big error for them not to fix right away.
    I know websites and if the price shouldn't have been $70 there is no reason the page couldn't have been disabled in the first 5 mins after the "error" was found out.
    And a $400 product being 80% instead of 50% off is a pretty big "error" to just ignore all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    I love the anger that this type of behaviour gives us collectors, like the pic of that knob with all the Devvies mid last year, we live in a "free market" capitalist society, while these types of people piss me off to no end as well the only real way we could stop them is if we lived in a truly communist society which at this stage has not existed, the closest would be a big hippie commune but as far as I know they aren't into TF's
    oh it may not be illegal but it's most certainly immoral, I don't know why we shouldn't be peeved at scumbags like that who are just greedy little jerks trying to make a profit at someone else's expense. Put in an honest days work like everyone else I say.