Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: JP Unite Warriors Computron

TF Prototype has done a handy comparison mash-up of the Computrons so far:

Click to open in new tab/window, click again for fullsize.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbleb33 View Post
    I feel confident that TakTom will supply the superior hands / feet from the Hasbro CW Computron
    hmm not sure, those prototype pics seem to show new versions of the existing/old ones to me.

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    hmm not sure, those prototype pics seem to show new versions of the existing/old ones to me.
    Oh well if that is what happens there is always PE to help out

Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    TF Prototype has done a handy comparison mash-up of the Computrons so far
    Doesn't seem to be too much difference between the two except for the Hasbro release having the better hands and feet, though I guess we'll have to wait for more detailed pictures to see if some of the minor differences (ie Nosecones drill, the way that Afterburners front wheel is pointing up instead of to the side) are actually differences with the mold or just mistransformations...

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    is someone who notices these things more than i do able to give a little summary about the differences we know so far between hasbro and takara?
    Hasbro
    Scattorshot from Silverbolt - redeco of single release Scattorshot
    Afterburner from Groove - Remould
    Lightspeed from Dead End/Streetwise
    Strafe from Air raid (I think. Might be sky dive) - remould
    Nosecone from Brawl - tank gun barrel replaced with drill
    Scrounge from Cosmos
    Yellow repaint of Payload
    New designed combiner hands and feet instead of the hand/foot/gun pieces that came with other CW releases. (The ankles can tilt on the combiner feet)

Takara
    Scattorshot from Silverbolt/Scattorshot - new remoulded computron chest, new Computron head, possibly new Scattorshot chest, new gun compared to Hasbro versions of Scattorshot
    Afterburner from Groove - same remould as Hasbro version but has new guns
    Lightspeed from Breakdown/Wheeljack
    Strafe from Unite Warriors Blast Off - Remould
    Nosecone from Rook - remould to add a drill to vehicle mode and. Replace wheels with treads
    Still using Hand/Foot/Gun pieces

Other than that everything else is just speculation on which figures will have new heads, if the Takara versions all have new guns compared to the Hasbro versions and what Takara's decos for their technobots will have but they'll likely be cartoon accurate

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    Hasbro
    Strafe from Air raid (I think. Might be sky dive) - remould
    It's from Air Raid, as you can see the chest details.

But it's puzzling that both Hasbro and TakaraTomy decided to each do Computron, but seemed to have done it without any collaboration or communication with the other... unlike the past when they would work together to produce the same products for both their markets.

We have five members in the core team (ignoring the Legends add-on), and three of them are different moulds between the two sets.
    Scattershot and Afterburner are the only ones that seem to be using the same moulds and the Japanese Scattershot has new remoulded parts... leaving just Afterburner being the only identical toy between the two sets.
    That's just extraordinary.

Of the different moulds in the pictures so far, I prefer the Hasbro Strafe, but the TakaraTomy Nosecone and Lightspeed.
    Last edited by griffin; 29th March 2016 at 09:00 PM.

Oh. That many differences huh. Damn, that's probably enough to make it worth getting both sets. My poor wallet!

I prefer the default hands/feet. They are easier to store and well, are more "transformable".
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

I'm liking the look of UW except for the feet, but might find the cartoon colours a bit off outing when we see the final product. (Never really liked how the Technobots were coloured in the cartoon). Also mostly keen to see Lightspeed in both modes (He was my first childhood Technobot so the one I care about most).

Without bashing UW (I understand the appeal) but I figure if my CW combiners are not in any way cartoon accurate, then I'm grasping at straws for the "more G1 accurate" one. Hence my Hasbro choices.

That and UW-04. Because Devvy. That's why.
    Last edited by griffin; 29th March 2016 at 09:01 PM. Reason: coarse language