Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: JP Unite Warriors Computron

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It's from Air Raid, as you can see the chest details.

But it's puzzling that both Hasbro and TakaraTomy decided to each do Computron, but seemed to have done it without any collaboration or communication with the other... unlike the past when they would work together to produce the same products for both their markets.

We have five members in the core team (ignoring the Legends add-on), and three of them are different moulds between the two sets.
    Scattershot and Afterburner are the only ones that seem to be using the same moulds and the Japanese Scattershot has new remoulded parts... leaving just Afterburner being the only identical toy between the two sets.
    That's just extraordinary.

Of the different moulds in the pictures so far, I prefer the Hasbro Strafe, but the TakaraTomy Nosecone and Lightspeed.
    It makes perfect sense that they'd want to be different. If they were almost identical then people are less likely to double-dip.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    Oh. That many differences huh. Damn, that's probably enough to make it worth getting both sets. My poor wallet!
    ...and that answers why Hasbro and Takara have done different approach with their sets, money...money...more money

The other Japanese Combiner sets did well from just one toy being different... so having four of the five toys being completely different or remoulded from the Hasbro version just seems a bit strange.

The other Japanese Combiner sets did well from just one toy being different... so having four of the five toys being completely different or remoulded from the Hasbro version just seems a bit strange.
    I have a feeling they didn't really communicate here, Hasbro's boxset seems like an afterthought to soothe the clamour of fans asking for a "proper" Computron, while it seems Takara had been planning theirs all along...

True however the UW ones were released much later than the CW ones so they didn't step on each others toes as much.

Headshot via TF Yuki:

That's a nice looking head-sculpt.

He looks rather more cheerful than I was expecting.

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

He does look like he's happy to be there. A bit cheerful.

ok well i went with the UW version mainly really for the differences in scattershot as I didn't really feel like having 2 silverbolts looking so similar maybe I will end up getting both and mixing and matching like some others have said. kind of an impulse buy i think haha :/