Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: TFSS 5.0 Is Live For Members

Well my package arrived in the US, and to reship is cost 39.99 with 4-5 business days couried delivery. Why funpub charged so much I'll never understand.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Final payment taken overnight. Hopefully the second set arrives soon (first was within a week of the second payment from memory)

This subscription is probably the one of the last three that I'm not all that keen on all the figures, but I did want that last combiner...

I guess once I have the pretenders in hand it might be a different story

Just got figures 3 and 4 delivered

bowspearer Guest

Figures 3 and 4 turned up and boy was Double Pretender Megatron a bit of a miss - never mind the fact that I think it's safe to say that he has the worst instructions for a Transformers figure ever.

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    Figures 3 and 4 turned up and boy was Double Pretender Megatron a bit of a miss - never mind the fact that I think it's safe to say that he has the worst instructions for a Transformers figure ever.
    The instructions are simply terrible.

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Civic Bossman View Post
    It's not just that - the whole thing is really poorly thought out - something made abundantly clear by how badly shoehorned and cobbled together the entire figure feels. Comparing this Optimus to this Megatron is like comparing chalk and cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by Civic Bossman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    It's not just that - the whole thing is really poorly thought out - something made abundantly clear by how badly shoehorned and cobbled together the entire figure feels. Comparing this Optimus to this Megatron is like comparing chalk and cheese.
    Think of it this way my fellow bots, if you have an original or reissue G1 Fort Max, Cerebros now can be a pretender like Grand Max

(May be a bit of a stretch I know)
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

For what they were working with (a 30 year old toy), and probably a shorter time-frame (or just a rush job because they didn't have to care about losing future customers anymore), I think the result was very commendable, especially going to the effort of sculpting an accessory to allow for both Megatron and Spacewarp to fit inside the shell without rattling around loose.
    I don't have mine yet, but I will value it like the Gorrilla shell they created and used twice now... because this was their way of outdoing themselves once again (from a new headmaster Scorponok in 2014 to a new pretender shell in 2015) - resurrecting a 30 year old mould in 2016, and getting TakaraTomy to produce a few hundred units of it for them... I can't even imagine what it took to make that happen.

bowspearer Guest

While I appreciate where you're coming from Griffin, it's pretty clear that because you haven't gotten your shipment yet, that you're arguing about the concept rather than the execution - which whatever way you slice it, clearly comes down to sloppiness and laziness on their part - that they clearly didn't care about losing people from a half-assed execution of what could have been an amazing figure.

We can all agree that the Legends Megatron mould was never designed for the Frand Maximus Pretender shell. We can all equally agree that trying to fit Megatron and Spacewarp into that pretender shell is akin to trying to fit a square peg into a round hole - to the point where to their credit, Fun Pub constructed a plate to try and get around the problem (too bad it's so loose that Spacewarp falls out of it most of the time).

I'm confident that we can all agree that if the plate has missiles mounted on it in one direction, that it is intended to be able to be mounted on Megatron and/or Spacewarp outside of the pretender shell.

We can also all agree that the designers at Fun Pub came up with a specific way for Megatron to fit into the Pretender Shell- at least we hope they did.

The problem is that going by the instructions, none of this is clear. Double Pretender Megatron is in even more need of instructions on how to fit the figure into the shell than Prime is. Fun Pub's instructions for fitting Megatron into the Pretender Shell were literally a cut and paste of the instructions for fitting Cerebros into the shell. There is no clear way of knowing just how Megatron is officially meant to fit into the shell - let alone that the plate is meantvto be used to attach Spacewarp to Megatron and slot both of them combined into the shell. As for the plate, why were missiles sculpted on it if it was only meant to be for inside the shell and if it is meant to ne mounted as a static missile emplacement, who is it meant for and where is it meant to go?

Clearly the instructions are the worst in the history of Transformers in that regard. So if it wasn't mere laziness and Fun Pub regarding their customers with contempt, why did noone catch the mistake and why did noone bother to correct it?

You can't tell me that noone would have seen the mistake had they actually compared the figure to the instructions.

Either way this is clearly a QC fail combined with laziness to the point of contemptuous indifference for their customers on Fun Pub's part.

This is where Twitter is your friend.... The official way is pretty damn good, and while not an actual nice position for the arms and legs of Megs, remember all the original pretenders were just "fold arms in narrow and shove in shell"

"official instructions"