Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: TFSS 5.0 Is Live For Members

Well it seems the identity of the seventh figure has been revealed...

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    Well it seems the identity of the seventh figure has been revealed...
    Welp...

For those wanting to find out the mystery figure.
    The hints were leading to Sunstorm, so I wonder if the clues were false, or just going by a certain, vague story perspective.
    It isn't surprising that it is a mirrorverse character, as they managed to squeeze in a few toys in this final set from their three original story universes - pre-Beast Wars, post-Animated and Shattered Glass. Anyone else who does a toy of those themes (like the MP Shattered Glass Optimus last year) are homaging FunPub's input into the Transformers Universe.

The character (to me) just doesn't look right... it is the wrong alt-mode and robot mode... to me at least... so I just don't "feel" it.

Anyway, when it starts arriving at Australian houses, I guess we can talk more openly about it (but I doubt it, as there probably won't be anyone left who doesn't know who it is).

I wonder how many people here are getting this fifth subscription set. I wonder if it is even more than five.... and how many of those will be genuinely surprised when it arrives in a couple weeks time.
    Last edited by griffin; 18th May 2017 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The hints were leading to Sunstorm, so I wonder if the clues were false, or just going by a certain, vague story perspective.
    It isn't surprising that it is a mirrorverse character, as they managed to squeeze in a couple of toys in this final set from their two original story universes - pre-Beast Wars, post-Animated and Shattered Glass. Anyone else who does a toy of those themes (like the MP Shattered Glass Optimus last year) are homaging FunPub's input into the Transformers Universe.

The character (to me) just doesn't look right... it is the wrong alt-mode and robot mode... to me at least... so I just don't "feel" it.

Anyway, when it starts arriving at Australian houses, I guess we can talk more openly about it (but I doubt it, as there probably won't be anyone left who doesn't know who it is).

I wonder how many people here are getting this fifth subscription set. I wonder if it is even more than five.... and how many of those will be genuinely surprised when it arrives in a couple weeks time.
    I couldn't wait so I had to find out. I'll admit it definitely surprised me as I thought the same (regarding Sunstorm). I'm happy with it though I may use it as something else and not the character it's meant to be.
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

When I read it on Allspark, I thought it was a fan prank (its not April!), especially after reading the bio. Its like it was the mirror-reverse of who that character is.

So thanks Griffin for pointing out its Shattered Glass - I was in complete disbelief and it didn't occur to me it would be that timeline.

But I'm really kinda bummed that its not Sunstorm. I bought a set of Skydives, and am already making a Combiner Wars Redwing (who I had hoped might be the mystery one too if Sunstorm fell through). I'm going to have to do a gold Sunstorm now too.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Seeing the final images it just rams home that FunPub were never that good with the paint layout. Some figures they released were beautiful but a lot weren't. IMO the mystery figure sadly applies good colours in a poor way.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

bowspearer Guest

Actually, looking at the 7th figure, I don't have a problem with it. Hopefully this doesn't go into spoiler territory, but I can see where they're coming from. The character in question of course a mirrorverse character whose initial colour scheme was an homage to a regular character. What strikes me is that they seem to have taken a Unicron Trilogy homage to this regular character and applied its colour scheme to the mirrorverse character in question - almost as if it were a Combiner Wars version of this Unicron Trilogy Character. I'll clarify this once it's deemed safe to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    Actually, looking at the 7th figure, I don't have a problem with it. Hopefully this doesn't go into spoiler territory, but I can see where they're coming from. The character in question of course a mirrorverse character whose initial colour scheme was an homage to a regular character. What strikes me is that they seem to have taken a Unicron Trilogy homage to this regular character and applied its colour scheme to the mirrorverse character in question - almost as if it were a Combiner Wars version of this Unicron Trilogy Character. I'll clarify this once it's deemed safe to do so.
    Apparently there are 2 SG universes.... the one started in 2008, and a G1 cartoon inspired one with different personalities that was in the JoeCon convention comic....

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    Apparently there are 2 SG universes.... the one started in 2008, and a G1 cartoon inspired one with different personalities that was in the JoeCon convention comic....
    Shattered-shattered Glass?

Fig 7 is kinda meh for me but I'm looking forward to the other two and completing wreckage.

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    So which one is the 7th figure from?