Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Titans Return toys arriving in Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Batfan007 View Post
    Yeah thanks for that.
    I know what the actual waves are.
    I meant what are the "make it up as go Hasbro" waves for Australia don't seem to match the rest of the world.
    Like why are we getting leader figures before the deluxes for example?
    Generations is a tough line to push onto retailers, here and in other countries, as it doesn't have a movie or cartoon series (on TV) to "advertise" it for the benefit of retailers, who don't spend their own money to move someone else's brand.
    Also, there is no "launch date" to send all the stock out to retailers for them to put on shelf at the same time... it is just more "Transformers Branded" products to order in next time the store or retail chain has the space for it (by selling enough of existing Transformers toys to buy up the new stuff).

The Hasbro warehouse in Sydney probably got all the first (and obviously some second) wave product at the same time from China, but are now just waiting for retailers and franchise stores (like Toyworld and Toymate) to want it.
    Toyfair in March would have had Hasbro pre-sell a fair bit of the Titans Return toys to Retailers, but the Retailers are probably not requesting delivery of that pre-ordered stock until they have cleared out their old (Generations) product first.

Next year will be completely different with the Movie toyline, as there will be a release date, and Retailers will be competing with each other to have all of the first waves in store first or on the embargo date if there is one.
    (but Generations will still be the secondary toyline that Retailers will only order next year if they have enough space around the Movie toys, and enough demand for the entire Brand by regular customers... IF the Movie toyline isn't too big to shelfwarm with hundreds of trashy gimmick toys again )

I remember when CW Devastator came out and I was calling around various Big Ws to see if they had any left in stock, a few Big W staff members that I spoke to asked me why Devastator was such a hot item. They had NO clue as to why the toy was so popular. And even when I explained it, half of them still didn't get it - they couldn't fathom why something that doesn't currently have a form of media to promote it can still be so popular.

Little toy company on eBay has sentinel and Galvatron for $43 Au each with $11 postage.
    Posts here as it's not a sale and doesn't need it's own thread. If there is a better thread let me know. This is an oz eBay seller.

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/Transform...e.toy.company*

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Generations is a tough line to push onto retailers, here and in other countries, as it doesn't have a movie or cartoon series (on TV) to "advertise" it for the benefit of retailers, who don't spend their own money to move someone else's brand.
    Also, there is no "launch date" to send all the stock out to retailers for them to put on shelf at the same time... it is just more "Transformers Branded" products to order in next time the store or retail chain has the space for it (by selling enough of existing Transformers toys to buy up the new stuff).

The Hasbro warehouse in Sydney probably got all the first (and obviously some second) wave product at the same time from China, but are now just waiting for retailers and franchise stores (like Toyworld and Toymate) to want it.
    Toyfair in March would have had Hasbro pre-sell a fair bit of the Titans Return toys to Retailers, but the Retailers are probably not requesting delivery of that pre-ordered stock until they have cleared out their old (Generations) product first.

Next year will be completely different with the Movie toyline, as there will be a release date, and Retailers will be competing with each other to have all of the first waves in store first or on the embargo date if there is one.
    (but Generations will still be the secondary toyline that Retailers will only order next year if they have enough space around the Movie toys, and enough demand for the entire Brand by regular customers... IF the Movie toyline isn't too big to shelfwarm with hundreds of trashy gimmick toys again )
    Any tips for approaching retailers (I'm thinking toy world and smaller stores) to actually get them to stock something you want?
    I mean if I'm like I want to buy 8-10 toys of a range they may or may not get, how big a case box do they have to get in minimum?

I remember asking at a store is they could get in tr fort max, and said I would happy to prepay for the item if they could get it in. And they were like "we don't know if we can get that" I asked multiple times over two months, don't know if they ever got it, I bought it online and now I don't go to shop there anymore . And this was a store where the staff are super friendly and helpful, but they had no interest in my money apparently.
    Or it was "up to the distributor" - so my q is were they talking shit and just could not be bothered to find out, any tips on encouraging retailers to actually get toys in and take my money would be appreciated.

And then you tell me stuff just sits there in Sydney, that is frustrating.
    Is it just the low selling total units of tf compared to tmnt and star wars, marvel etc that makes them so random to track down? I swear I have to swim through a sea of star wars product in stores to find a few transformer crumbs here and there.

Any tips for approaching retailers (I'm thinking toy world and smaller stores) to actually get them to stock something you want?
    Just ask and take a "maybe" as a "no".

morg176 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Is it just me but itvseems that gnaw suffers terribly from 'hollow back' syndrome
    Does this turn anyone off buying the figure?

Little toy company on eBay has sentinel and Galvatron for $43 Au each with $11 postage.
    Posts here as it's not a sale and doesn't need it's own thread. If there is a better thread let me know. This is an oz eBay seller.

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/Transform...e.toy.company*
    A good seller. They also offer pick up in Richmond for those living in Melbourne.

Quote Originally Posted by Ploughmans Lunch View Post
    Just ask and take a "maybe" as a "no".
    Lol that's it man. Pretty much given up asking these days.
    Instead I read this site and when shit is in stock I swoop in like laser beak and snatch my prey.

Lol that's it man.
    It's good life advice too, just sayin'.

Default Toys R Us webpage that they have a listing for Transformers Generations Deluxe Figur

So I noticed on the Toys R Us webpage that they have a listing for Transformers Generations Deluxe Figures http://www.toysrus.com.au/transforme...rted_10486288/