Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Titans Return toys arriving in Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    So an aussie can get the world first review of this giant figure with a few question marks still (like do the legs open? Does the right arm swivel forward?) BUT.. everyone will know you paid $360! A delemia for someone out there i am sure.
    As Paulbot calls it, it's an Impatience Tax. What's wrong with posting a review a month or so later? What's wrong with not being the first kid on the block to have a new toy? Even with the 20% discount, you're still paying an extra $38 for no other reason than to have earlier bragging rights. That's $38 that could be spent on other things, like more Transformers toys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgeman View Post
    I reckon you could buy it, review it, rebox it, and carefully retape it and refund it no problem
    I don't think that's entirely legal, and as per board rule #17:
    "Price Scamming at retail stores is also illegal, so shouldn't be something mentioned or boasted about on this board."
    (I'm not a mod, just a friendly reminder )

How long did it take people here to a G1 Fortress Maximus? G1 Fort Max was a toy that was never released here, so I think most of us probably got this toy much later as adult collectors. I didn't get G1 Fort Max until 2007, 20 years after its release! Some people may have never had a Fortress Maximus until the Encore reissue in 2013, 26 years later! So if people are able to wait decades after the release of G1 Fort Max to get it, I don't see how waiting an extra month or so would be so much worse. I sometimes wonder if we've just become a lot more impatient as adults. Could it be because we're more time poor than when we were kids?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I don't think that's entirely legal, and as per board rule #17:
    "Price Scamming at retail stores is also illegal, so shouldn't be something mentioned or boasted about on this board."
    (I'm not a mod, just a friendly reminder )
    What I said is not illegal, and is not price scamming.
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

I think even at that price it's still tempting for some people to get it early. We're talking world's first a much awaited update here, not some old G1 toy. I for one am eager to read a proper review on this.

Not gonna lie, if my local store had it (with the 20% off) I probably would have bought it.
    WANTS
    G1 Vortex w/ weapons
    Beast Wars Basic Rattrap head and gun

Apparently Fortress Maximus at Myer is $370, not $360... which makes the 20% off price $296, which is even further from the expected BigW price.
    If there were any around me I might have been tempted at $288 if I could afford it right now, but not at $296.
    I'll wait for the BigW release and hope I find one.
    Last edited by griffin; 22nd May 2016 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgeman View Post
    What I said is not illegal, and is not price scamming.
    Unfortunately, that's true with the retailers who do refunds with "change of mind", or accept items that have been opened or used, because who's going to pay full price on something that has been opened...

For marketing purposes, it is assessed that it would generate more sales from the peace of mind of returnability, to then offset the increased discounts they have to give to the extra items that people won't touch at full price. (especially if the items are swapped out or parts could be missing or broken)

But if a store has a policy of not accepting items that have been used or opened (like games or movies), returning something that a person has resealed to look like it was never opened, would then be wrong.
    (and if they do accept returns, I think it would be on the understanding that they weren't used, like clothes or underwear)

But this is all moot, as the original comment was more like an off the cuff speculation, not encouraging it or recommending it.

We're overlooking what is clearly the most important ting from these Fortress Maximus photos.

Myer has the Walmart exclusive classic Ghosbusters figures.

Needless to say, I asked my lovely wife to pick me up a set for the sweet price of $80 including an exclusive build a figure (all the figures are re-releases). Thankfully, she nabbed he last set of four. Winner!

Clearly the big issue.

Penrith Toymate has heaps of all 3 CW Legends. $19.00 ea so I grabbed 3.

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    That's more than what I paid for my G1 Fort Max, Brave Max or Encore Fort Max!
    So an additional $110~120 impatience tax.
    Unless you are smart and wait a few months and get him for $90-$150

So let me get this straight, with Myer's 20% discount, Titans Return Fortress Maximus costs about the same as a G1 Fortress Maximus or Brave Maximus, including shipping.

...I don't even...