Thread: Hasbro US Conference talks about a Cinematic Universe

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I was pleased to see they are looking at using MASK again, but I noticed all they are doing is reviving old lines. No new ideas?
    Transformers has been all about recycling characters and concepts, because it keeps working for them... and if they didn't recycle ideas, us fans get upset about it (like an old character name being allocated to a new character, especially of the opposing faction).

I would love to see a cg animated Beast Wars movie or even a cg retelling of the original 1986 movie in cg ( as long as it's does justice to the original!). As for toys, I believe the best pretender toys were those of the animals. So if they decide to revise pretenders I would like to see them incorporated into the Beast Wars Line. ...Monstructor anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozgardian View Post
    I would love to see a cg animated Beast Wars movie or even a cg retelling of the original 1986 movie in cg ( as long as it's does justice to the original!). As for toys, I believe the best pretender toys were those of the animals. So if they decide to revise pretenders I would like to see them incorporated into the Beast Wars Line. ...Monstructor anyone?
    I'd rather see Beast Wars use their own gestalts like Magnaboss and Tripredacus.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I'd rather see Beast Wars use their own gestalts like Magnaboss and Tripredacus.
    Wasn't implying the Beast Wars gestalts should be replaced, just added like the Transmetals & Fuzors. I'd love to see Magnaboss & Tripredacus on screen. And it's not like BW was rich on the whole gestalt/combiner gimmick. I think the Pretenders line would fit in more comfortably with BW then G1 or any other era of Transformers & would tie in nicely concerning the sheilding from raw energon storyline.

'The Covenant of Primus' would make a great movie. Have it narrated by Alpha-Trion (although I don't know who could voice him considering John Stephenson died last year;- RIP Windcharger) & bring some awesome writers in like Simon Furman, Bob Forward, Larry DiTillo, etc... You get the idea!