View Poll Results: Will TW Fort Max stand on top of your shelves?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Of course... I'm a completist

10 25.64%
  • Yes, can't wait for this awesomeness

17 43.59%
  • Only if the sales are good

5 12.82%
  • [Parent voice from childhood] how much??? No... Put it back... NOW!!!

7 17.95%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Titans Return Fortress Maximus

That's pretty disappointing about the voice clips. I don't get why they like toys yelling their names all the time. "I am Optimus Prime", "Fortress Maximus" etc etc I tell ya, if I were Fortress Maximus, I'd just assume that everyone knows my name. Y'know, coz I am bloody Fortress Maximus!!

Cerebros nipple LEDS for the win though. Do the leds pulse and glow, or just flick on and off?

Final comment for now, I think it's clever the way they used the same body, but made Maximus a bit taller by increasing the size of his shoulder pieces!

Nice review Goki, thanks for the detailed thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    That's pretty disappointing about the voice clips. I don't get why they like toys yelling their names all the time. "I am Optimus Prime", "Fortress Maximus" etc etc I tell ya, if I were Fortress Maximus, I'd just assume that everyone knows my name. Y'know, coz I am bloody Fortress Maximus!!
    I couldn't agree more, the same goes for calling out a weapon/attack before firing it. talk about a tell.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I couldn't agree more, the same goes for calling out a weapon/attack before firing it. talk about a tell.
    Isnt that all of RID (2000)?

Right laser, Left Laser, Centre Laser... I love it

If you spent $250~370 on a toy and don't know its name, then it sucks to be you. I'd be curious to see if the TakaraTOMY version uses the same cheap voices or if they use a Japanese voice actor (maybe even Sawaki Ikuya ). They couldn't possibly do worse considering that the current voice chip has the vocal range of Dr. Stephen Hawking's voice synthesiser.

Cerebros nipple LEDS for the win though. Do the leds pulse and glow, or just flick on and off?
    Flick on and off. It's also too high to be on the nipple line (the screws are more in line for nipples), and there's only one chest LED on Cerebros.

Speaking of comparative human anatomy, I've noticed that Fortress Maximus has this red panel on his pubic basin, but I can't figure out what it's supposed to do.

Thank you, good sir.

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    Isnt that all of RID (2000)?

Right laser, Left Laser, Centre Laser... I love it
    I don't know which is worse, hearing characters announce the names of their moves, or seeing their opponents failing to do anything about it. Cos this is how these fights would end in real life...

You guys should check out an anime series called Martian Successor Nadesico - aside from a very serious and emotional and character driven story, it also parodies super robot/mecha anime clichés, including announcing one's moves to the enemy.

As a Metroplex owner I'm pretty torn whether or not to get this guy. And the city/playset mode is the big clincher for me. I like how the arms and ramps are done on FortMax, but am very curious about the legs.

Can a kind Metroplex owner show him in city mode but with the legs opened up Metroplex style?
    How does this work as a playset?
    I'm out and I'm selling most of mah stuff. Check out my sale list to see...

It's not a Japanese action hero/robot/whatever if they don't spend five minutes telegraphing every attack before they do it why their enemies conveniently stand around starry eyed doing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    If you spent $250~370 on a toy and don't know its name, then it sucks to be you. I'd be curious to see if the TakaraTOMY version uses the same cheap voices or if they use a Japanese voice actor (maybe even Sawaki Ikuya ). They couldn't possibly do worse considering that the current voice chip has the vocal range of Dr. Stephen Hawking's voice synthesiser.
    Cheers Goki.

IIRC, I have seen tweets ot blurb stating that TT intend to have original FM quotes from the va in it. Either they are re-recording or ripping them from the show.

MEGATRON ATTACK!!!!

I reckon it would be awesome to put Titan Metroplex legs on FortMax
    I'm out and I'm selling most of mah stuff. Check out my sale list to see...

Quote Originally Posted by noel0leon View Post
    I reckon it would be awesome to put Titan Metroplex legs on FortMax
    Then Metroplex's firepower would be 100+! ...lol.