Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: MP Thrust revealed

Quote Originally Posted by Borgeman View Post
    So sell 10000 toys instead of 2000?
    Ive never understood limited exclusives.
    It depends. Original G1 characters like Ramjet, Thrust and Dirge should be regular releases whereas more obscure characters like Road Rage should've been a limited exclusive.

Exactly. As it happens, I believe Road Rage is shelf warming and massively discounted. And for Thrust who is a significant character (selling at a high price too!) who appears in the cartoons and movie, we're getting a limited run. There just seems to be limited consistency in their business model.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    2000 piece limit?

/sigh. These toys sell damn well. Why unnecessarily create a scalpers market and make it difficult people who just want a piece of Transformers nostalgia.
    2000 pcs is for Japan only (through Takara Tomy Mall), hope we can have an idea how many Hasbro Asia is supplying for this what they call limited releases which i believe is more than that 2000 japan allocation

The Hasbro HK units are never known but seems to be much larger than the Japanese production run.

Quote Originally Posted by ampoldj View Post
    2000 pcs is for Japan only (through Takara Tomy Mall), hope we can have an idea how many Hasbro Asia is supplying for this what they call limited releases which i believe is more than that 2000 japan allocation
    Ah ok then. In that case, anyone know how Ramjet ended up in terms of availability / production numbers, notwithstanding product recalls? He was also a 2000 piece TT mall exclusive and if it wasn't for OTCA members I would have been unlikely to have nabbed him without paying something exorbitant.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Also, see my comment here regarding the possible justification for these higher prices.
    I completely understand most of those points you make, except for this one:
    "Now consider the fact that Ramjet is a limited exclusive, with a small production run of only 2000 figures made. Economies of scale drives the price up."

Now I can only go on my own thinking but that is a choice made by TT to limit production. I absolutely think he should be a regular non-limited release, especially compared to others like Road Rage and Loud Pedal. This hurts TT because they miss out on more sales and they don't get a cent from overpriced ebay/secondary market sales due to the 'rarity' they caused and hurts fans/collectors at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Yes I just realised when I tried pre ordering it that it hasn't opened yet. With any luck PC will put up its pre order tomorrow night.
    And PC has granted my wish - pre order goes up tonight at 8:30.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Yup under $200

bbts has a preorder up also... I have ordered just incase I miss PC tonight

Time to camp down at the computer and play the refresh game...