Windblade

Voyager
    C2396 Octane
    C2397 Blitzwing

Leader
    C2388 Overlord
    That's me done

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    I love Windblade the character. She's become a beautiful addition to the Transformers mythos. But did they have to do that to her to sell toys? Really!?!
    Eh... it's not much worse than say Transmetal 2 Blackarachnia, BM Blackarachnia, Thunderblast etc. It's not my cup of tea, but meh...

But all of these toys are gonna pale in comparison if TakaraTOMY ever make an MP Black Widow.

The Chinese leaker is at it again, this time releasing scans of the character cards for Wave 5 Generations Deluxe and Leader toys, as well as Trypticon.

I know nothing about the Windblade character outside of RiD (except for watching episode one of that horrible combiner wars cartoon) but I dont see a problem having a feminine "female" robot when there are some very masculine "male" robots, I wouldnt even call this overtly sexual, just feminine.
    I dont see how it's "de-empowering" for a powerful female to also be feminine, so the implication is that the only way a female can be "powerful" is if she's a brute?
    Also I refer to the Generations Windblade, this TR version is not that much different in design, so I don't understand the complaints at all, it's a nice change of pace and a graceful and elegant design for something that isnt a highly priced third party figure

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    I know nothing about the Windblade character outside of RiD (except for watching episode one of that horrible combiner wars cartoon) but I dont see a problem having a feminine "female" robot when there are some very masculine "male" robots, I wouldnt even call this overtly sexual, just feminine.
    I dont see how it's "de-empowering" for a powerful female to also be feminine, so the implication is that the only way a female can be "powerful" is if she's a brute?
    Also I refer to the Generations Windblade, this TR version is not that much different in design, so I don't understand the complaints at all, it's a nice change of pace and a graceful and elegant design for something that isnt a highly priced third party figure
    I take your point that the new Windblade is particularly feminine, but imagine if the roles were reversed, and Optimus has a bulging phallic codpiece.... given that they are asexual (or pan-sexual in IDW) and don't reproduce it seems strange to see her comically well endowed.

Windblade in the actual comics and cartoon is far more modestly proportioned. Maybe my initial reaction was hasty, but if I had a daughter I would give her the SDCC Windblade and not this one
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

I think you're still exaggerating but if you like look at CW Voyager Optimus, he is quite masculine and looking at his nether regions it's not hard to imagine he has a codpiece thing going on. And look at those pecs and abs, come on
    http://tfwiki.net/wiki/File:GenerationsVoyOP.jpg

Honestly as I said I dont see any issue with this figure, she's feminine and there's not a thing wrong with that, the same as there's nothing wrong with Optimus having abs, but to each their own
    Last edited by DarkHyren; 7th June 2017 at 10:38 AM.

Okay, now I can never "unsee" the blue codpiece in CW Optimus's combined form. So thanks for that :-p

I don't make a habit of checking out a robots tackle. I just looked at G1 Megatron's trigger handle codpiece so maybe there is a precedent
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

FatalityPitt Guest

In-package images of the Wave 5 Deluxes.

https://www.seibertron.com/transform...ndblade/38414/

MY Thoughts/Feelings:
    - Windblade is a likely buy for me. I didn't think a female Headmaster would look good at first, because the stereotypical Headmaster tends to be quite big and blocky with a square head. But Windblade still manages to pull off her look while accommodating the gimmick. The face-sculpt looks really nice. This is proof of the progress made in toy design and crafting over the decades.
    - Twin Twist has a cool alt-mode and he's got the same transformation as Topspin. What's not to like?
    - Misfire's head is going to be painted.. Cool! TBH I kinda prefer the Hasbro TR deco over the Takara Legends one. It feels like there's more painted white detail on the TR version, and the pink seems a little darker (could just be me imagining things).
    Last edited by FatalityPitt; 7th June 2017 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Removed an irrelevant/unneccesary remark

Windblade doesn't look that enhanced to me... I think it's more likely due to the photos personally. Personally I don't care that much. She has a nice head sculpt and looks fairly pose-able so, fun. Although her fore-arms are tiny and the bicep are looks huge. so....

Still, I'll get one.

On the cards, its cool to see Twin Twist and Overlord are planned. Did we see images of overlord before?

Damn this headmaster shenanigans is just too much joy for me to hold back

Despite their history, not a fan of the blue eyes on Misfire/Aimless.
    Twinspin or whatever is still meh after seeing Wave 4 Deluxes in hand today.