Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Ehobby Legends (Headmaster) Convobat

Preorders up at HLJ -- 7,410 yen (~ AU$95).

Now that the Ehobby page has been updated...
    Release month - December
    Price - 5000yen (about AU$65)
    Preorders begin - September 5th

Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    Preorders up at HLJ -- 7,410 yen (~ AU$95).
    Damn... it's good that HLJ have started selling Ehobby exclusives recently as another backup option for non-Japanese residents, but their prices suggest that they aren't getting any deals from Ehobby... being little more than a secondhand re-seller. (it's hard to spend that much on what is just a Deluxe toy and Titanmaster)
    The Ehobby price is 5000 yen (about AU$67 at most payment exchange rates), while the HLJ price is 7800 yen (about AU$104 at payment rates)... with an unusually small preorder discount, of just AU$5.
    Even RK has a slightly cheaper price, by just a few dollars (about AU$95), and they are in HK.

PC must have some good sources to be able to resell at just AU$75, just $8 more than buying from Ehobby, which has to include getting them sent to Australia and still make a profit.

Even 5000JPY is pretty expensive for a Deluxe, even with the additional Titan Master. 4000JPY seems like a more reasonable price, and eHobby prices usually match the same RRP for the base mould; e.g. TFC Autobot Perceptor was 3800JPY whereas eHobby Magnificus was 4800JPY (so an extra 1000JPY for the additional Gamede Microman figure). I would've been more tempted to pick this figure up if it were cheaper, but 5000JPY/AU$65 seems too expensive for a toy like this.

I agree that PC's price is a good one though. You'd pay about the same price if you ordered directly from eHobby plus international shipping.

Fear grips the colony of Eukaris as fiery debris from a stricken ship rains down on the planet. In swift response, the ruling Council decide upon a proactive approach to ascertain any potential threat to their world -- the Space Bridge will be extracted from the slumbering Metrotitan, Chela, to re-establish contact with Cybertron.

Megatron demands a show of force to dissuade any enemies, new or old, but Primal suggests they begin by extending a hand of friendship -- after so long, the fires from the War of the Primes would surely have burnt out.

Meanwhile, in the shadows, a secretive trio watch on as their plan comes together -- the Space Bridge will soon be within reach of their army of Insectoid Drones. With the fate of not only Eukaris but of every world connected by a Space Bridge at stake, who can stop the Tripredacus?

Find out in the one-shot issue: TRANSFORMERS: CHRONICLES - EUKARIS

Slotting into IDW's comic book universe, the Eukaris story was written as a celebration of the Beast Wars 20th Anniversary. It revolves around the characters of Optimus Primal and Megatron in bodies inspired by the Titans Return toys of Mindwipe and Skullcruncher, but little did I know that E-Hobby would go ahead and produce them!

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Ehobby have released a page of the comic that will probably come with the Convo-bat toy, in Japanese... so a translation might show up soon.

TFW's Sanchimaru has translated the page:

- Stop there.
    - You are completely surrounded.
    - To try to run away just on your own... I thought it was a fool's doing.
    - D6!!
    - ! D6... Do not call me by that name... my name is MEGALLIGATOR!
    - Come to me!! Ape arms!!
    - Soul in! Hypersonic plasma cannon!!
    - What a fool... his...

Translation included in comic (via TFW's thebobkat):

I think one of the tricky things with translating is considering the literal meaning of the text vs what would best convey the intention of the text to the audience. Things can get lost in translation if they're being translated too literally, but also if they're being translated too vaguely... so yeah, it can be tricky. In any case, here is my translation of the comic. I've left the Japanese text there if any other Japanese speakers want to directly examine my translation with the original text, and I've included translation notes below.

* 「そこまでだ」; literally means, "Until there." "Stop there" and "That's enough" are also good translations for this.
    * 「貴様は完全に包囲されている」; "You are completely (being) surrounded." - I've added the "son of a glitch" bit there because while 貴様 translates as "you," this is a derogatory second person pronoun, which we don't have in English. In English we add derogatory terms after the second person pronoun, like "son of a glitch." So I've added this bit here to evoke the insulting nature of the pronoun which doesn't directly translate into English. Fun fact: 貴様 used be an honorific title in old Japanese.
    * 「説走」; This can mean to flee or escape, but in a military sense it can mean to desert. Judging from what we're seeing here, Megalligator appears to be deserting his own ranks. Especially if this Megalligator and Convobat are creations of Straxus. So I've opted with using, "leave us" over 'run away.' I'm not sure how that second translator managed to interpret it as "infiltrate" though.
    * 「バカなことを考えたな」; Literally, "You thought something stupid, didn't you?" - akin to the feeling of, "That was a stupid idea." I've translated this as, "How stupid of you to think that..." -- I'm not sure how the other two translators managed to mistranslate it the way they did though.
    * 「おれをその名で呼ぶな」; Sanchimaru's translation is accurate. I suspect that thebobkat added the "ever" part to make it sound more authoritative or commanding. I've kept it shorter to make it sound more rough, as he is using a lot of vulgar vernacular terms like the first person pronoun オレ (me/my) as well as the slang abbreviation な (do not).
    * 「メガリゲーター」; "Megalligator." No idea how thebobkat translated it as "Megagator," because that would be メガゲーター
    * 「エイプ×アームズ」; I don't know if there's an official way to read the × in this name, but this is × as in by, times or multiplied by. It's not an x. See how they look different when placed side by side: x×. Or if you used it in algebra it might look like y=5x×2. So I've got for "by."
    * 「バカな・・・」; literally, "Stupid," but contextually it means that the situation is unbelievably ridiculous. thebobkat's translation of "it can't be" works too, but I would question the, "No, wait..." bit that he's added in as there's nothing in the original text that I can see that would even imply this. The "It can't be" part already shows that he's balking, so adding the "No, wait" part seems unnecessary. I disagree with Sanchimaru's translation of, "What a fool," though.

I thought the original translation was a bit shonky too.

I think it a better version for  来い would probably be "Bring it!!!" Or duke Nukem "Come Get Some", especially since he's being a bit crude about it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I think it a better version for  来い would probably be "Bring it!!!" Or duke Nukem "Come Get Some", especially since he's being a bit crude about it all.
    He's commanding Apes By Arms to come to him though rather than challenging his opponents. If he'd said 「掛かって来い!」, then yeah, that would be more like what you're saying.