Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: MP Megatron 2.0 prototype leak?

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Takara released Shockwave just as two 3P Shockwaves were being released. Inferno just as three 3P Infernos were in development, sprang Ramjet as a number of 3P Conehead projects were announced, and Shattered Glass Optimus Prime just as the 3P version of that is seen... I was expecting Trailbreaker to have been announced by now...

So maybe if I create a bunch of phony 3P Jazz prototypes...
    I'd love it if you could set your watch by Takara, but you can't I'm still waiting for Hound, Mirage and Sunstreaker who all had two 3rd party options released to date, or perhaps Takara's secret rule is there has to be 3 3rd party alternatives announced before they will make an official one, in which case we need at least one probably 2 new 3rd party Jazz toys to be announced.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post

Anyway who thinks this Megatron is spot on? I felt it's one of the best looking ones so far.
    At the moment I think it looks like a grey prototype with a lot of potential, we can't trust the fan art. MP Laserwave looked great as a prootype, then the coloured version seemed lackluster and too purple and plasticy, fortunately he turned out to be pretty cool, so hopes are high, but we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    So maybe if I create a bunch of phony 3P Jazz prototypes...

Anyway who thinks this Megatron is spot on? I felt it's one of the best looking ones so far.
    I think it looks great as a grey prototype. The cannon is a better size for his arm than the first Takara Version. It does look very good overall, I'm assuming the designer had more than 12 days to spend on this one like he was only given for the original MP Megs.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I like what's has been shown and hope it turns out to be legit, its a version that tries to provide a good balance between bot and alt, obviously that would turn some people off but for fans of MP it's def exciting to see what happens

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by aching878 View Post
    I like what's has been shown and hope it turns out to be legit, its a version that tries to provide a good balance between bot and alt, obviously that would turn some people off but for fans of MP it's def exciting to see what happens
    It's legit otherwise TT would have said something. It's has titled TT mp Megatron . If its third party, it would own up by now.

It's legit otherwise TT would have said something. It's has titled TT mp Megatron . If its third party, it would own up by now.
    its def not Fanstoys as if it is it'll only be a quick mock up render with an eta of 2018

Still speculation. Until I hear it from the horses mouth, I won't assume it's TT

There's a listing now up on TaoBao:

https://world.taobao.com/item/538163903765.htm#detail

Allegedly MP-36.

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Maybe they have prototypes of lots of bots and when the timing is right they pick one and put it into production. They would make business decisions based on many factors and one such decision could be to counter 3rd party releases.

The 56th All Japan Model & Hobby Show 2016 commences today and runs through the weekend. Fingers crossed Megatron 2.0 gets announced and/or some other new Masterpiece goodness.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Shutter glasses special edition two broken windscreens . I will Definately rofl.

Any chance it will be trailbreaker or hoist mp . Jazz will Definately be a surprise.