Page 28 of 75 FirstFirst ... 81823242526272829303132333848 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Official - MP-36 is a new Megatron

Any word on bonus items (not coins) for MP-36 and the reissue MP's for Soundwave, Optimus Prime, Starscream and the cassettes?

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    I went based on your theory. That's all

Mp Tracks was way too many hinges and had road rage and the Tokyo black
    Yet the price was pretty steep. Now it's at ridiculous 3,000 jpy and still heaps.

You have shockwave with one off atm ad so is starsaber but priced pretty much less.

All I am saying is I am a bit shocked its at mp-10 price with not much to show for. Of course my opinion can change. But I be expecting a big box by the price we are judging on.
    we're paying for them premium Japanese air that comes with the box, with a slight hint of pollution from china ;-)

its up @ HLJ as well now

http://hlj.com/product/tkt87511

¥18,400

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by aching878 View Post
    we're paying for them premium Japanese air that comes with the box, with a slight hint of pollution from china ;-)
    You sure is China made? Maybe is Vietnam hence more cost.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    You sure is China made? Maybe is Vietnam hence more cost.
    china air simply flow onto JP depending on wind, no idea where its made :-p

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Anyway not sure if Asia one will come with what exclusive

Preordered mine at Ohmyprimus...am holidaying in Singapore at the moment so just walked into the store (more of a storage unit). Currently listed at $SGD 280 but the guy said there is a chance it may come down in price.

Really friendly to deal with, and I only had to put down a $20 deposit. My brother will pick up and hold for me until I next come over with a B709 permit.

I ordered from PC. Slight hiccup as it seems people were trying to add eg.50 items to the cart to guess how much was remaining but this meant it temporarily took all 50 items out of stock so it was showing out of stock for other people ordering at the same time.

Looks like PC's price is still the cheapest so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    On Reddit more than a few people were complaining about the price.

The way I see it, you're paying for the engineering - it clearly has a complex transformation, looking at all the seams and hinges, in order to go from a proportioned (but not totally accurate) Walther P38 to an articulated, screen-accurate robot. That also means it has a very high part count.
    wasn't the Takara asking price for MP-10 about $250. compared to that, this isn't too bad.
    I agree with you that it looks like there is a massive parts count here, especially looking at the back of the bot mode. I also think there is a certain amount of 'it's megatron people will pay whatever we want them to', like Shockwave, it's also going to have limited repaints.

It's an interesting observation about the parts count and apparent number of small parts. It will increase the cost of manufacture but I wonder how many people are going to be cranky at this toy when they actually get it in hand, for being too complicated and fiddley.
    This might be the first masterpiece in a while that has had less complaining prior to release and more complaining post release.

I am really looking forward to it, I can't see how they get from one mode to the other without it being complicated when the shapes are so different. I'm one of the apparent few who doesn't have a problem with the MP-05 megs, especially when you take into account that it was designed in 12 hours.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)