Thread: RID cartoon season 2 now on free-to-air on Sundays

Default RID cartoon season 2 now on free-to-air on Sundays

While everyone is focused on the 3rd (or 2.5) season of the RID cartoon showing in America right now, and on our Foxtel next month, I have only just noticed that the second season of the cartoon is now screening for the first time on free-to-air, on Channel 11 at 6.55am on Sundays. Yes, Sunday... which is unusual for Transformers on free-to-air TV.

Tomorrow is episode 3, which is unfortunate for missing the first two episodes, but hopefully we will see it repeated weekdays some time soon.
    And maybe we might see the new 3rd season episodes on Sunday at the end of this run of 13 episodes, but if that does happen, at this weekly rate that won't happen until January.

Wow... 11 episodes of Transformers cartoons per week, six days a week... this is unprecedented for free-to-air in Australia.

I was taping these without watching them (which I was going to do later when I get the first two episodes recorded or bought), and I had noticed that it wasn't on the last two Sundays, so I watched the last episode I recorded (on January 1st), and it was the last episode... so unfortunately, no 2.5 episodes yet for free-to-air... or a repeat screening of these episodes either.

So in a couple of months we've gone from 11 episodes on TV per week, to just a couple at the end of the week.
    (I'd like to see some reruns of older series on our TV... like some "retro" Gen1, or maybe even some Beast Wars or Animated.)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I was taping these without watching them (which I was going to do later when I get the first two episodes recorded or bought), and I had noticed that it wasn't on the last two Sundays, so I watched the last episode I recorded (on January 1st), and it was the last episode... so unfortunately, no 2.5 episodes yet for free-to-air... or a repeat screening of these episodes either.

So in a couple of months we've gone from 11 episodes on TV per week, to just a couple at the end of the week.
    (I'd like to see some reruns of older series on our TV... like some "retro" Gen1, or maybe even some Beast Wars or Animated.)
    It would be pretty cool to see G1 episodes on free to air tv. Just as it's always nice when I see those late 80s early 90s Ninja Turtles episodes on the weekends, I forget which channel it is. Eleven?