Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Encore Trailbreaker & Hoist

Hmm, I could use an old Trailbreaker for kitbashing; don't need the accessories (including the camper top, and even the fists would be optional).

Just idly wondering whether there would be room in the altmode to replace the wrist-launchers with fists which turned 90 degrees inward like Long Haul's.

These are now confirmed according to my own source. Expected shipping date: December.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    These are now confirmed according to my own source. Expected shipping date: December.
    Kyle, Does your source have any additional info on this?

We seem to have sympathy over those who spent a fair amount on re-released Sunstorm and Black Megatron, but we should keep in mind that some of these Gen1 reissues were of even lesser quantity exclusives to Ehobby back in 2001 as well. Only 1000 produced of some of them, and many collectors spent a fortune on them then and since, as the only mint alternative to the originals.
    Not so much sympathy on those who bought them for investment purposes though, as they are just toys after all and need to be played with...
    At least the encores (and some of the book style reissues) brought more affordable Gen1 goodlyness to old and new fans alike. (not many of the TFs on my 1984 shelf are originals now, just so I can have a nice minty display)

I want encore insecticons the most.

What's wrong with the TFC Insecticons? They came with Energon cubes!

I would rather see Encore continuing to focus on reissuing toys that have never been reissued in mass quantities before (e.g.: Trailbreaker & Hoist) or just have never been reissued before (e.g.: Omega Supreme, Sky Lynx, Metroplex etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    What's wrong with the TFC Insecticons?
    probably the lack of availability and the price that goes hand in hand with it. glad I got mine

Muh? TFC reissues were produced in pretty generous quantities - as big a run as you would expect from any reissue sold in retail stores. They weren't limited exclusives like say the e-Hobby Insecticon Clones. As for price, I think 3500JPY is a pretty decent price for three G1 reissues. That's like $35 for people in Japan... 3500JPY currently equals about 52AUD atm, but of course the AUD is really weak right now. It wasn't that bad in 2004 (probably around forty-something dollars).

I think Gutsman means on the secondary market, where that set now goes for a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Muh? TFC reissues were produced in pretty generous quantities - as big a run as you would expect from any reissue sold in retail stores. They weren't limited exclusives like say the e-Hobby Insecticon Clones. As for price, I think 3500JPY is a pretty decent price for three G1 reissues. That's like $35 for people in Japan... 3500JPY currently equals about 52AUD atm, but of course the AUD is really weak right now. It wasn't that bad in 2004 (probably around forty-something dollars).
    TFC Insecticons & Blitzwing command $65-90US on ebay probably due to their little extras (energon cubes/diaclone style sword)

E-Hobby Clones sell for less than the TFC reissue most of the time also

im sure most newer collectors would appreciate Encore Blitzwing/Insecticons/Blaster as the TFC reissues are pretty expensive nowadays