Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Vote now for the 2016 Ozformer Awards

TJ, that was savage, brutal and beautiful.
    10/10.

Defiantly gonna be the thread of the year
    Still have weeks and I am already laughing my ass off
    Dapto Dog for 2017

and voted, thanks once again Paul.

Official Press Release

Offices of Big Transformer Trev, candidate for Ozformer Member of the Year

My fellow Ozformer members,
    while I have been busy with other matters of state it seems the pro/con Trev debate has heated up in my absence. So let me now as your candidate address the issue that concern you, the public, whom I am here to serve.

*The Current Incumbent: Now Griffin is indeed the owner, administrator and general Grand Poobah of Ozformers. There is not a member here that does not acknowledge this or is not grateful to him for providing this wonderful site for us all to enjoy. But ask yourselves, on top of the myriad of time-consuming responsibilities he already has, is it fair to once again heap the duties associated with being Ozformer Member of the Year on his already overburdened shoulders? I think not. Let the poor fellow get on with what he does best and let someone else handle all the public appearances, kissing babies, wining and dining foreign toy dignitaries etc that the winner of the Ozzies is expected to do.

*Why a new representative? Well for a start, if you vote me in you will be getting a celebrity to be the face of Ozformers. Remember, look in the background of any Australian-made, Melbourne-based tv cop show from the late 90’s (Blue Heelers, Halifax FP, Stingers, Good Guys Bad Guys etc) and you will see me milling around in the background as an extra. Star power or what! Frankly if it wasn’t for my well-known hatred of Reality TV I’m sure I’d have been asked to appear on I’m A Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here! by now. And of course most recently I’m known in print, television and social media as the guy who photographed a dead reptile.

MY POLICIES
    Sensible policies for a happier future
    *By the year 2020 no child will be living without Transformer toys
    *There will be two Stunticons in every garage
    *Full series Box Sets of Rescue Bots to be produced by Madman Entertainment
    *Once a year on the solstice all Ozformers will come together on my farm to build a giant straw effigy of Michael Bay, which we will then set alight while we chant and dance naked around it under the moon
    Policies from my failed attempt to become PM:
    *I will make Hasbro and Takara release ALL Transformer related products in Australia.
    *No GST on imported goods! This is a SHAMEFUL policy that both sides of parliament are currently trying to enact! They say it’s so that you will buy locally instead of buying your goods from overseas via the internet, but what if…
    -A: You live in a rural area where you cannot purchase the items you require at your local store? Most Aussie companies charge ruinous postal fees to send you an item, you often pay more in postage to get something from Melbourne than from the other side of the globe! Last I checked, my little bush town doesn’t have any of the big chains I can go to and get anything I require.
    -B: They don’t make and/or sell the item you want in Australia at all? For those with their eye a Carnifex figure, I don’t think you’ll be buying one at your local K-Mart. There are many products that are sold nowhere in this wide brown land of ours, its not a matter of not wanting to shop locally – we can’t!

ENDORSEMENTS
    So the choice is clear my Ozformer Brethren (and Sistren of course). Vote #1 Big Transformer Trev this Ozformer awards. Sure I might be not the most obvious candidate, or the most fragrant, or the most sane if it comes to that. But just listen to these uncoerced endorsements from your fellow Ozformer members:

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin
    Sensible, Mature, Responsible... These aren't words that anyone can use to describe Trev, and nobody should. That would be lying, and lying is bad for the soul.

Don't lie to yourselves. Vote 1. Vote Trev.
    BTT 2016.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream77
    The following has been authorised and paid for by the BTT416 Campaign:
    In Trev We Trust
    Not just a throw away line but a creed we as the followers of the great man, BTT, choose to live our life by. If ever we have doubts in life we ask ourselves 'what would Trev do?' and the correct answer presents itself.
    If we do not do the moral and ethical must that is vote BTT for 2016 then I question the entire fibre of life itself!
    Yours faithfully
    SS77
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky
    "Anyone who doesn't vote for BTT is a cheese eating surrender monkey"

And of course our resident artist Mythirax who has made manys a campaign poster!

Quote Originally Posted by Mythirax

I look forward to your vote this January

Heil!!

Oh, I mean
    Hear hear
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Megatran Guest

Viceroy Nute Gunray commenting on the two man race between griffin & BTT.

Megatran Guest

Lieutenant Megatran's log: Star date 2017. Though unconfirmed, there are murmurs of a mutiny plot on the USS Ozformer. It is not known the identity of the mutiny mastermind but he/she goes by the covert name BTT or BBT or BLT. Could it be a Kardashian? I never liked that species tbh. There's been growing unrest with Captain griffin at the helm. Perhaps a feeling he's overstayed his welcome on the Captain's chair & a new style of leadership is the best path forward. Flamboyant, outspoken, extroverted, gift of the gab .... everything the current Captain is not.

What is clear is BBT has some of the senior crew in on the mutiny plot. They go by the covert names JITS, Sinnertwin, SS77, Mythirax. Monitoring the ship's comms has bared no fruit as to their identities. They appear to be using an untraceable subspace encription, embedding their messages in their signatures. And they are recruiting more members.

Councellor Paulbot appears to be mutually independent, neither for the mutiny nor siding with Captain griffin. The thought has crossed my mind if he can be bought to sway the outcome.

The Captain has asked that I continue to monitor the situation as it plays out. I fear the mutiny plot is eminent .... a matter of a few short weeks.

End log.
    Last edited by Megatran; 11th January 2017 at 01:14 AM.

Thanks for all the hard work and typing of the toy names, they seem to be getting longer every year!

As always, looking forward to reading the results while disagreeing with the JJJ hottest 100!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Lieutenant Megatran's log: Star date 2017. Though unconfirmed, there are murmurs of a mutiny plot on the USS Ozformer. It is not known the identity of the mutiny mastermind but he/she goes by the covert name BTT or BBT or BLT. Could it be a Kardashian? I never liked that species tbh. There's been growing unrest with Captain griffin at the helm. Perhaps a feeling he's overstayed his welcome on the Captain's chair & a new style of leadership is the best path forward. Flamboyant, outspoken, extroverted, gift of the gab .... everything the current Captain is not.

What is clear is BBT has some of the senior crew in on the mutiny plot. They go by the covert names JITS, Sinnertwin, SS77, Mythirax. Monitoring the ship's comms has bared no fruit as to their identities. They appear to be using an untraceable subspace encription, embedding their messages in their signatures. And they are recruiting more members.

Councellor Paulbot appears to be mutually independent, neither for the mutiny nor siding with Captain griffin. The thought has crossed my mind if he can be bought to sway the outcome.

The Captain has asked that I continue to monitor the situation as it plays out. I fear the mutiny plot is eminent .... a matter of a few short weeks.

End log.

Boooooo for your sig

I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Yeah... please don't have that in your signature. I get enough feedback from people... I don't want to be selfish with this one. Vote for someone who chooses to contribute here, rather than someone who has to.