Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: MP38 Supreme Commander Convoy (Optimus Primal).

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Maybe it's a G1 Optimus Prime-themed redeco of MP Beast Convoy...
    That thought crossed my mind too, given he is Supreme commander Convoy, maybe his a great red ape in space.
    That's not a bad idea, actually. They might redeco him in the colours of CD ROM Convobat which would finally see BW Optimus Prime upgraded from his basic bat form. If they gave the toy more G1 Optimus Prime colours then it'd end up looking like Primal Prime... which could be the intention. Although Primal Prime is a relatively unknown character in the JP market.

Burning Convoy still seems to be the most logical choice though IMO. Not that any of these potential redecos would interest me enough to want to buy them though. They could also redeco it in gold, red or blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Maybe it's a G1 Optimus Prime-themed redeco of MP Beast Convoy...
    They might be wanting to replicate Hasbro's YOTM Optimus Primal, with its red/white/blue Gen1 Optimus colours.... and that really worked out well didn't it... it didn't shelfwarm at all.... or be discounted to a third of its original price on Amazon and still won't sell.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Burning Convoy still seems to be the most logical choice though IMO.
    The 2004 version of the Burning Convoy toy was called "Supreme Commander", so that would be the most logical:

If MP-38 is him, I wonder if they'll try to replicate the gun:

EDIT: Looking again at TFU.info, the 1997 Clear Convoy toy was also given the title of "Supreme Commander", but TT are probably going to go for the Burning Convoy because he appeared in the Japanese 'toons.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

If I never had mp primal I'd jump on that band wagon would be nice when pc finally ship him though

Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    The 2004 version of the Burning Convoy toy was called "Supreme Commander", so that would be the most logical:
    Almost every Convoy is called "Supreme Commander" (総司令官). That's the default Function for every Autobot or Maximal leader.
    Original G1 Convoy (1985)
    Rodimus Convoy (1986)
    Fortress Maximus (1987)
    Ginrai (1988)
    Star Sabre (1989)
    Dai Atlas (1990)
    Star Convoy (1991)
    G2 TRF-1 Convoy (1994)
    Battle Convoy (1995)
    Convoy (BW) (1997)
    Lio Convoy (1998)
    Big Convoy (1999)
    Convoy (Micron Legend) (2003)
    Grand Convoy (2004)
    MP1 Convoy (2004)
    Galaxy Convoy (2005)
    Convoy (Henkei! Henkei!) (2008)
    Ultra Magnus (Animated) (2010)
    MP9 Rodimus Convoy (2011)
    MP10 Convoy (2011)
    ---et al.

So simply being called "Supreme Commander" isn't anything special, at least, not in a way that would really tell us what kind of redeco this is. Although Convobat's Function is アマゾン戦士 (Amazonian Warrior), so the "Supreme Commander" Function may mean that it's not going to be Convobat.

Almost every Convoy is called "Supreme Commander" (総司令官). That's the default Function for every Autobot or Maximal leader.
    Original G1 Convoy (1985)
    Rodimus Convoy (1986)
    Fortress Maximus (1987)
    Ginrai (1988)
    Star Sabre (1989)
    Dai Atlas (1990)
    Star Convoy (1991)
    G2 TRF-1 Convoy (1994)
    Battle Convoy (1995)
    Convoy (BW) (1997)
    Lio Convoy (1998)
    Big Convoy (1999)
    Convoy (Micron Legend) (2003)
    Grand Convoy (2004)
    MP1 Convoy (2004)
    Galaxy Convoy (2005)
    Convoy (Henkei! Henkei!) (2008)
    Ultra Magnus (Animated) (2010)
    MP9 Rodimus Convoy (2011)
    MP10 Convoy (2011)
    ---et al.

So simply being called "Supreme Commander" isn't anything special, at least, not in a way that would really tell us what kind of redeco this is. Although Convobat's Function is アマゾン戦士 (Amazonian Warrior), so the "Supreme Commander" Function may mean that it's not going to be Convobat.
    Sure, but we know it's obviously not going to be Supreme Commander Grand Convoy given the price point and the fact that it's an Optimus Primal repaint or retool, so we can only guess what logically the figure may be given the history of the toys and 'toons.

As you noted, Convobat is "Amazonian Warrior" so we can pretty much rule him out and other non-BW characters, so all we can do now is hold onto our d!cks until pics come out.

Which means we've narrowed it down to ... gorilla Convoy ...

Which we already knew, since it's going to be a redeco of MP Beast Convoy. What I'm saying is that the "Supreme Commander" tag line tells us nothing more about what this redeco is going to be. It certainly doesn't mean that it's going to be Burning Beast Convoy. I do think that Burning Convoy is the most logical choice, but we cannot deduce that simply from the "Supreme Commander Version" tag line.

Which means we've narrowed it down to ... gorilla Convoy ...

Which we already knew, since it's going to be a redeco of MP Beast Convoy. What I'm saying is that the "Supreme Commander" tag line tells us nothing more about what this redeco is going to be. It certainly doesn't mean that it's going to be Burning Beast Convoy. I do think that Burning Convoy is the most logical choice, but we cannot deduce that simply from the "Supreme Commander Version" tag line.
    Yeah, alone the title was never going to be the smoking gun evidence that it will be a certain deco, it was just one avenue of inquiry in the absence of evidence.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

So he gets a new number just because of accessories and a paint job change.

And I would of gotten THIS over the current just because of those, greaaat