Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: McDonalds Happy Meal Transformers toys

Hahaha... Just got another pony

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    Not sure if I like the way Grimlock is looking at that MLP...
    That missile is a bit phallic eh!

We went on Thursday and ended up with another friggin Bumblebee. Not going to try for another character till next week

So... did two get released this week (Optimus and Grimlock), or did you manage to convince the store to let you get next week's as well?

(although, with some stores releasing their Bumblebees almost 2 weeks early, it wouldn't surprise me if some outlets are really early with all of them)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    So... did two get released this week (Optimus and Grimlock), or did you manage to convince the store to let you get next week's as well?

(although, with some stores releasing their Bumblebees almost 2 weeks early, it wouldn't surprise me if some outlets are really early with all of them)
    I think it's pretty random. Several different Maccas near me (and very close to each other) have had different toys at vastly different times.

I'm getting headaches from mine - my 2-y-o and nearly-4-y-o are sharing a 'Bee and an OP and it's guaranteed that one of them is going to want the one the other has at any given moment. Getting the next 2 is either going to settle the fires or pour gasoline on them. Pity as they are pretty good primer toys for my kid's age group.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

I'm worried I've missed out on Optimus now, as ALL the locals only had Grims.

On the plus side, the phallic missile is 5mm so compatible with Rid Warrior class figures. I've given it to RiD Stormshot who needed a firing missile launcher. I swapped the guns and gave it to Grims.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    I can confirm that Bumblee at least can transform.
    His offical alt mode is (I <excrement> you not!) a frigging Bumblebee.
    That's not transforming, that's CosPlaying!
    Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    Don't know why I'm defending McDonalds at all... but these aren't so bad. My 2 year old likes the Bumblebee, he recognises the toy from the cartoon, so I'm treating it like a gateway drug. I'm keeping the wings for a custom project (as I will with OP's sword), and if he kills the toy (likely), I'm out $2. No worries.
    Yeah, but just remember that $2 used to get you Happy Meal Transformers that looked like this. It'd still work as a gateway toy. Strangely enough, we couldn't give those toys away. Literally. We had heaps of them as prizes at the Sabretron 2004 convention, and after the games were over we tried to randomly give the left over toys away to attendees and we still had heaps of leftovers. As recently as just last year I gave away my last spare Armada Happy Meal toy to a friend's child. Yet Maccas now make these incredibly sub-par toys and now everyone's scrambling for 'em like eggs in a Big Breakfast.

As an employee of Macca's I can give the lowdown hahaha, BB was the first week, OP the second and Grim the third; I'll check during my next shift what we've got out the back for the week after but depending on how busy the store is they might sell out of one week but not the next.

My store on Friday when I last worked had BB and OP for customers and Grim in boxes out the back, but another store I worked at on Aus day sold out all their BBs so only had OP (a few days early)...

All depends how many toys each store orders as to how long each figure is available.

Even with my staff 50% discount still not bothering with them

Thanks for the advice Dimi. I chased around till I found a (somewhat long drive to reach) store with Optimus.

I like the blue sword,and would steak it to give to a real tra sofmret but the hilt is oversized and wouldn't fit 5mm hole. Still pretty nice for two bucks. You'd pay more than that for a pvc of him that size.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

I just ask what toys they have and any others options available.

My nearest outlet only had Grimlock today... which means they sold out of Bumblebee and Optimus in just four days, or the Manager lied about not being able to sell them until the 1st of February (when I was there on the 26th). I should have gone back every few days and not trusted him, to think that today they would be just a few days into their first week of toys. Silly me I guess.
    So now I have to see if I can find somewhere that still has Bumblebee and Optimus... but it sounds like that might be too late.