Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Beast Wars Dinobot

It's certainly taken a while, but at least it is still coming... it just might be another 8-12 months until its release though, if it follows the time line of Primal.

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    Hmm, interesting that they've sculpted the scales this time? Not sure how I feel about that.
    I think it's done for show accuracy. The Maximals had smoother textures to them than the Preds. Megatron and Dinobots scales looked deeper than the detail covering the likes of Cheetor and Primal who had that sort of a painted on look in the show. If we ever get to see Scorponok or Blackarachnia in BW MP I'll bet they'll be covered in an interesting texture too.

According to Loopaza, Dinobot (MP-41) is expected to hit on July 2018 at an RRP of 28,000 yen (~ AU$320):

[Toys News]

Takaratomy Transformers Next Masterpiece

We have a confirmation on the coming up Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 will be the expected Dinobot from Beast Wars. But there is surprising pricey on him as we have been told the Retail Price is 28,000 JPY!

Meanwhile, we are not sure how big Dinobot will be or just Takaratomy send out a wrong information on the price. If this is the final case, Dinobot will be the most expensive MP so far.

Price: 28,000 JPY
    Release Date: July, 2018
    EDIT:

Preorder up at TFSource -- US$249.99 (~AU$327):

https://tfsource.com/masterpiece/mp-41-dinobot/

$320? That sounds really wrong

Unless he fracking does my laundry and services my car, that is daylight robbery.

Takara has really been trying to steal money from us with their recent MP releases. Sunstreaker is around $130 while Hot Rodimus is $100.

They want people to go 3P or something

If it was beastwars megatron t-rex and HUGE, I can understand $320....not so much for this. Maybe its been priced wrong?!?

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Found this floating around, if this is more correct (though it differs from how it normally shows) its for 4 pieces per carton, so...7k yen each, if reading this right?

There is NO WAY he's worth more than larger mp's, even if his engineering is somehow more complex than mp36 there is not one single once he's worth so much just on his own and with accessories.

The price hurts, but I'll still gladly pay it.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

I so love that in the world of Facebook and Twitter etc no one can send a message to Takara asking if that is the unit or carton price.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Optimus Primal - 18cm - 12,000 Yen = 666 Yen/cm (includes electronics)
    Cheetor - 16cm - 7,000 Yen = 437 Yen/cm

Based on the scale chart we've compiled from observations from the show, we're expecting MP Dinobot to be around 22.5cm tall.

Dinobot - 22.5cm - 28,000 Yen = 1,244 Yen/cm (almost double the Yen/cm of Primal)

Even with potential electronics, something does seem a little amiss with the price.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...