Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Beast Wars Dinobot

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Could be that they will include cartoon accurate and toy accurate in the one box. Could be toy accurate Cheetor included too!!!
    I did wonder if the price meant we'd get the Dinobot clone (from Double Dinobot) as a large accessory!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I did wonder if the price meant we'd get the Dinobot clone (from Double Dinobot) as a large accessory!
    That's an interesting thought. Cool if it was

Ok, working with the current unofficial scale chart, and assuming that anyone larger than Primal will come with electronics and anyone smaller will not, we can guesstimate the prices for the rest of the line-up based on the Yen per cm prices of Primal and Cheetor.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

RK has their listing up -- US$200 with an RRP of 28,000 yen:

http://www.robotkingdom.com/tftrmp41.html

They're usually very reliable with RRPs, so I think that's it.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I find it hard to believe that this is the price we are looking at for a beast wars character? Really?

I'm not so sure that the 28,000 yen price tag is correct, seems like the price for a case rather then per figure.
    If it is actually the price tag though makes me glad I dont have much interest in BW MPs, but it does make me dread what they might price future G1 MPs at.
    As FruitBuyer said "They want people to go 3P or something"

Most dealers will guess the price to lock in the more impulsive customers first, and adjust the price later.
    Until TakaraTomy adds the product to their website (or in a hobby magazine), or it gets listed on TakaraTomyMall, HLJ or Amazon Japan, we just have to wait.

According to a post on a Chinese TFs facebook page, the toy will have these features...

• Fully poseable raptor mode
    • Beast mode eyes can be changed
    • Sculpted scales under a layer of printed texture all through the beast mode body
    • Robot mode is bigger and broader than Optimus Primal
    • Hand can hold both weapons in his hands
    • The tail shield spins
    • Has two extra faces, where one is smiling and one is roaring (probably angry)
    • Will have two different coloured eye pieces, to be used with a light up feature (to replicate the lazer beams)
    • He will also come with a gold disk accessory and a base that can be used in both modes
    The New MP Megatron had a retail of 24,000yen, so with this one being smaller than Megatron, I'd be surprised if Dinobot is confirmed to be 28,000yen... or even US$200 (about 23,000yen). I just don't think there would be enough demand for a Beast Wars character to justify that sort of price (as there was for the new Megatron, who is already seeing a reissue).
    As others have noted, Optimus Primal was about 11,000yen, while Cheetor was about 7,000yen.
    My guess is that the 28,000yen price is for a case of two, as Dinobot is likely to be just a little more than Primal, at 14,000yen.

16,000Y for Dinobot. 12,000Y for an amazing, light-up, Energon crystal-ridden rocky landscape base!

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

While I don't normally get excited for light up eyes, given Dinobots prominent use of his eye lasers in the cartoon, this is one time when it feels like a necessary addition.

This is why I like it here. You guys are polite with each other. Over at tfw when asking about the price you get blasted right away with rudeness.

When i saw the price at bbts i was flabbergasted. But i will wait for more information before ordering it.