Thread: 2017 Australian Toy & Hobby Fair Transformers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

nice one! that star wars exhibit looks interesting too!

who were the hasbro people? pr or in the design team or anything cool? any cool tidbits from chatting or Q&A etc?

Awesome work Griffin!

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    And I'm disappointed that there seems to be no more Salvage toys in the RB line - only character I'm
    missing and his toys are stupidly expensive online.
    The theme this year for Rescue Bots is the Flip Racers, and there is a Salvage included... in one of the 3-packs (you can see him on the top
    deck of the Optimus Trailer in "part 4" posting of photos.

Quote Originally Posted by dsphatlite View Post
    Did you handle any toys?
    Demonac and I were allowed to touch the toys, but with me taking photos and notes, he got to play with a lot more than I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    Did any of you get to play with trypticon? Curious how his transformation and playability is...
    The transformation looked to be pretty much identical to the Gen1 toy, when going from dino mode to city mode (sides fold out, legs fold open as
    two halves, and the head spins around).

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    Thanks for sharing boss. No tiny turbo changers?
    The Movie Tiny Turbo Changer blind packs were in the back corner of the Movie toy section, in "part 3", next to the Legions. I didn't take a close up
    photo because it was only wave 1, which we saw at the New York toyfair.
    I didn't get time to have a play with them either...
    Surprisingly, we were there for about 40 minutes, but it felt like five after talking to several different Hasbro people, taking photos, writing down
    everything on display, and making sure we got out of the way of visiting Retailers.

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    who were the hasbro people? pr or in the design team or anything cool? any cool tidbits from chatting or Q&A etc?
    The two at the meet are Product/Marketing Managers, covering a number of Brands that includes Transformers.

The rest of the photos that I took that relate to the meet and Toyfair...

The toys at the meet that people brought in for others to play with, before the Hasbro people arrived. M-Bot brought his MOTU Transformers, and
    Chileno brought his CW Guard City.

Every few minutes we could hear helicopters outside, and on the river was a helipad that was very busy that morning.

At the Convention Centre, outside the entrance to the Toy & Hobby Fair, were a number of displays promoting some brands.

These are cardboard standees of the DC Super Girl action figures, and a green screen for people to have their photo taken with the Girls.

The inflatable monster truck was back again...

...as was the "turtle van".

A new vehicle on display, promoting the 70th anniversary of Tonka.

And then there was the very nice Star Wars display that was in my previous post... but here are close up photos of the costumes and the info on the back wall.

That's it.

Until next year.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The transformation looked to be pretty much identical to the Gen1 toy, when going from dino mode to city mode (sides fold out, legs fold open as
    two halves, and the head spins around).
    Just confirming, no silly walking electronics right?

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Not sure. We will send a request for information to the Ministry of Silly Walks and get you an answer ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    Just confirming, no silly walking electronics right?
    The main body is hollow so no walking gimmick. Demonac showed off his Gigastorm walking and they were really liking it.
    Doesn't look like any electronics at all... like Devastator.

Hey Griff I'm curious about the toys Hasbro showed like Trypticon, Misfire and Slugslinger that are a long way from hitting shelves. Are they hand painted prototypes that were shown or are they from a point in the process that's further along like test shots?

Slugslinger was hand painted because it doesn't come out until October. One of the Trypticons was pre-production. Misfire had proper paint apps and comes out in June so was probably a final test shot or production figure.

Official image of Misfire shows him w/ a black (or dark grey) head. I kinda wish that Hasbro would've gone with a more toy-accurate head for Misfire and left the toon-like head for TakaraTOMY. I much prefer the original toy's head which is also how Misfire appears in the IDW comics. Although I also prefer the G1 toy's blue eyes over the cartoon's red eyes (and strangely enough IDW Misfire has red eyes too despite the rest of the head being toy-accurate).