Thread: Wave 2 Cyber Battalions and Cyber Commanders

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Wave 2 Cyber Battalions and Cyber Commanders

Two years after the first, sporadic release of the unique moulds in South America and Asia that would be called Cyber Battalions (small size) and Cyber Commanders (large size)... more have just hit stores in Asia.
    In wave 2 of the Cyber Battalions we have Prowl and Jetfire (both look to be new, but could be recycling parts or engineering of wave 1 Bumblebee and Starscream). While wave 2 of the Cyber Commanders has a minor redeco Optimus Prime, who is still red, blue and grey, but with some differences.

Hopefully we see these in Australia this time, and that they re-release some (or all) of the first wave figures.

Wow, Prowl looks surprisingly good. He actually has knees and elbows haha. Definitely doesn't look like a Bumblebee retool when you compare the two.

There's more pics from Alfes on page 4
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

I want the Jetfire, but have no idea where/how to source it

Found it. Already got it on http://robotoybase.com
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Also available at ToyBento.com (free shipping if you go over $150 USD)

I haven't tried ToyBento before, but will keep a look out. Hopefully if they are showing up at other retailers, it will be more widely available. But the first wave was incredibly cheap, then got marked up by retailers. I hope that doesn't happen, because it's a really fun line
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by OptimusNerd View Post
    Also available at ToyBento.com (free shipping if you go over $150 USD)
    That's not bad.... I might have to give them a go, as they have all but one of the 10 different Cyber Battalion/Commander toys (only missing the wave 1 Starscream), which will easily get free shipping.
    Comparing the prices though, Toybento are a couple dollars more expensive per toy compared to robotoybase (who only have 8 of the ten), but that's likely to be paying for the postage, so the end result may be about the same... so I think I'll still go with the source that has the 9 of the 10.
    (I wonder if that means all but Starscream from wave 1 was re-released with wave 2... since both online stores here have most of wave 1, if they weren't already in stock after the two years since they were released.)

For those wondering...

Cyber Commander (large size - about Leader class size)
    Wave 1 - Optimus (gen1 colour), Bumblebee.
    Wave 2 - Optimus (Movie colour).

Cyber Battalion (small size - about Voyager class size)
    Wave 1 - Grimlock, Starscream, Megatron, Bumblebee, Optimus.
    Wave 2 - Prowl, Jetfire.
    Last edited by griffin; 4th April 2017 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post

Thanks for the heads up! Got Prowl and some 3P stuff. I had been waiting on RK to list them but nothing yet.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post

Did you order it? Has it arrived?

Anyone have any idea how big that prowl figure is? i think it would make a great base for a custom stakeout

If its to scale with the other releases (e.g. Starscream) then its quite a good deal bigger than a Deluxe. These are very cheaply made, very cheap plastic and "feel" different to hold than normal transformers. They are also partly hollow. Even though I *really* like the larger size... it just "feels" cheap. Its not of the quality we're used to for Transformers, and so they might not want to risk putting it in a more affluent market.

Wave 1 was originally released in South America, and these ones are showing up in Asia. I suspect they won't see a wider release, and so I'd grab them any way you can. But I may be wrong, and they turn up at the Reject Shop or mass-market.