Page 51 of 118 FirstFirst ... 314146474849505152535455566171 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Toy Rumours (must note a source)

Another Collaborative Crossover found?
    Apparently someone on TFW found it on the Walmart computers... a "Transformers: Project Jam" listing, at a price of us$70 (the XMen crossover was us$65 and Commander Class pricing is rrp of us$80... so somewhere between those).

I think it would have to be something that was cancelled, or significantly delayed, as the product number is really old for something thatdoesn't appear to have been released yet.
    It is E8546, which should have seen it being released September-October 2020, as it follows the product code of two other Project toys...

E8544 - Maverick (Project Cruise) - out September 2020.
    E8545 - Gigawatt (Project Future) - out October 2020.

If it is still coming, any guesses as to what "Jam" could be related to, remembering that each Project name is related to the alt-mode of the toy.

Meanwhile, someone else has come across another Transformers product with a codename (the US state name of Alabama), but it isn't a new product.

Hasbro are needing to use codenames for their release of TakaraTomy "exclusive" toys, to prevent/limit leaks before TakaraTomy officially reveal the name or product first, because it is their product, and most of the leaks are of Hasbro products by people finding them early on supplier listings or store computers.

Products and release schedules by Hasbro are planned a year or two in advance for their customers (retailers)... way before TakaraTomy are ready to reveal their "non-Hasbro" items... so with all of the leaks we've been seeing lately on the (Hasbro) US Transformers side, the only way to be sure that TakaraTomy Transformers don't get leaked before they get to reveal the items themselves officially, is to have Hasbro use codenames with the product numbers, and very few people (even within Hasbro) know the true identities of the toys until they are officially revealed.

Currently, the codenames include US states, cities and candy.
    (the "Project" figures have codenames as well, but those are Hasbro toys and the codenames are actually related to each toy)

These are some examples that should be safe to mention (so that I don't get into any trouble), as they have already been released or are on the Hasbro Pulse website...
    Georgia - F0473 - TT-GS05 Abominus
    North Dakota - F2269 - TT-GS11 Volcanicus
    Alabama - F4537 - TT-GS12 Soundblaster (their version of the Netflix toy)
    -
    Hershey - F0472 - MP53 Autobot Skids
    Starburst - F0475 - MP52 Starscream

Notice a pattern with the codenames?
    Locations are for the JP GEN Selects toys, candy are for JP MP toys.

(I'm not going to risk listing any others before they are known, so don't ask ... this is just an fyi, for those wondering what the codenames are for, and don't obsess too much about them).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Hershey - F0472 - MP53 Autobot Skids

Notice a pattern with the codenames?
    Locations are for the JP GEN Selects toys, candy are for JP MP toys.
    And, just because life is messy, Hershey is actually a location as well. Ya can't win, sometimes.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    And, just because life is messy, Hershey is actually a location as well. Ya can't win, sometimes.
    Apparently the town is named after the candy, or more specifically the founder Mr. Hershey himself.
    It's as if there was a town called Cadbury, or Nestle, or Coca-Cola.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Quote Originally Posted by Handsprime View Post
    Apparently the town is named after the candy, or more specifically the founder Mr. Hershey himself.
    It's as if there was a town called Cadbury, or Nestle, or Coca-Cola.
    Oh, I know. I'm just laughing at the fact it fits both patterns.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Project Jam: Space Jam movie remake. UFO transforms to alien robot mecha suit.

Hang on.... everyone is wondering what Alabama is going to be.... but you listed it as Soundblaster???.....

The American company called Target has some new listings according to the US news sites. Including what is likely to be a Target US exclusive (sigh) WFC K Road Rage.

Transformers Kingdom Deluxe Road Rage
    MSRP: $22.99
    DPCI: 087-16-2679
    Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Generations Deluxe Origins Bumblebee
    MSRP: $22.99
    DPCI: 087-16-3816
    Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Movie Power Charge Bumblebee
    MSRP: $49.99
    DPCI: 087-16-5566
    Transformers Optimus Prime (line Unknown)
    MSRP: $49.99
    DPCI: 087-16-9854
    Transformers Megatron (line Unknown)
    MSRP $49.99
    DPCI: 087-16-4899
    Transformers Action Figure AST (new unknown AST)
    MSRP: $39.99
    DPCI: 087-16-6604
    https://news.tfw2005.com/2021/05/01/...nd-more-432807
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    Oh, I know. I'm just laughing at the fact it fits both patterns.
    That may be true, but the cities so far used as codenames are major/well-known American cities... so the overlap of Hershey (or any other candy item also on the list that might also be a town name) is messy on its own, but as part of the two toy lists makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    The American company called Target has some new listings according to the US news sites. Including what is likely to be a Target US exclusive (sigh) WFC K Road Rage.

https://news.tfw2005.com/2021/05/01/...nd-more-432807
    The Roadrage toy wasn't on our Australian release listing back in January, but could have changed since then... but being a US Target exclusive, the odds aren't good, as we rarely get US Target exclusives here.

That Origin Bumblebee item... since it is part of Buzzworthy Bumblebee at a Deluxe price, I wonder if it would be the Netflix Bumblebee toy.
    The Power Charge Bumblebee would be that one from 2018 Bumblebee Movie Toyline (same US price) that had that wheel in the chest that you turn to power up the electronics. This thing was a bit of a shelf-warmer back in 2018, so I wouldn't care if it this release doesn't come here, and am surprised that they want to give it another shot at selling it.

Couple of new listings on TFW2005 now, for Studio Series

Deluxe
    BB Movie Wheeljack
    BB Movie Brawn
    BB Movie Ratchet
    86 Perceptor

Voyager
    BB Movie Soundwave
    86 Junkyard (apparently a retool of Wreck Gar?)

Leader
    86 Starscream with Coronation Set

I'm most intrigued by the Starscream set. I'm assuming that it's the WFCE Voyager Figure, seeing as that's quite G1 accurate. I'm wondering what they're going to pack in to justify the leader price point. Give that its literally double the price I can't see it being just shoulder pads, cape and crown. Maybe the little podium he was standing on too?

Not holding out much hope for the BB Movie deluxe class Cybertronian figs. I've found a lot of the SS deluxe class car figures to be underwhelming. Robot curls into ball and hides under a cape of vehicle parts. Yawn.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.