Page 47 of 118 FirstFirst ... 273742434445464748495051525767 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Toy Rumours (must note a source)

Amazon Australia could be considered an official source, but with these three items not yet revealed by Hasbro... and with some really weird descriptions... I think I'll leave these as "rumour" until the names and details are verified.
    One of the three items has a Hasbro product number of an item that is being released in October, while the other two of them have Hasbro product numbers that suggest that they shouldn't be out until the end of the year as well.
    (Screenshots of the three listings at the end, in case the listings are removed for being waaaay too early)

F1809 - Hasbro Transformers Takara Tomy Generations Selects Leader Gavaltron Action Figure - $91.70.
    Hasbro Transformer Takara Tomy Generations Selects Leader Gavaltron Action Figure is a Leader Class scaled figure that stands 7-inches tall in robot mode and transforms from robot to Race Car and back. Heavily futuristic space based and included Cyber Keys. Designs based on the planet of origin Each unlocked pop out weapons and action features in each toy once plugged into the key slot. These cyber keys were interchangable with any other figures in the line.
    (note the spelling in the title for Galvatron & if the description is true, it would have to be a homage or reissue of Galvatron from the Cybertron series, in which he was a race car).

F2813 - Hasbro Transformers Generations War for Cybertron: K Golden Deluxe Terrorsaur Action Figur - $38.96
    Experience the excitement of transformers conversion play with this transformers authentic Golden Deluxe Terrorsaur Action Figur. Transformers Authentic figures bring the exciting conversion play you can come to expect from a Transformers figure. Transformers Authentic figures are a great way to start any Transformers collection.
    (I don't think Terrorsaur was ever on any of the rumoured Kingdom listings, so maybe a reissue? ... the description is mostly generic text, so I don't think this is actually an "Authentics" toy, as the title says it is part of WFC)

F2820 - Hasbro Transformers Generations War for Cybertron: K Golden Deluxe Ranger Puffer Action Figur - $77.23
    Experience the excitement of transformers conversion play with this transformers authentic Golden Deluxe Ranger Puffer Action Figur. Transformers Authentic figures bring the exciting conversion play you can come to expect from a Transformers figure. Transformers Authentic figures are a great way to start any Transformers collection.
    (the name has to be wrong or a codename... and I think the "K Golden" might mean "Kingdom Golden" maybe like those Golden Lagoon toys... the price is either way off, or the title has the wrong size class)

Last edited by griffin; 28th March 2021 at 02:38 AM.

Ranger Puffer? I wonder if it's a Power Rangers crossover?
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

That Galvatron description... is a description of the Cybertron toy. (Aka a mistake)

JJJ is online now Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

The leak thread over on TFW has mention of a Road Ranger (a Gobot, apparently) re-colour of Huffer. So perhaps this is a two-pack of Huffer re-paints.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    That Galvatron description... is a description of the Cybertron toy. (Aka a mistake)
    Could definitely be a mistake but the Japanese Selects line has been crazy so it could genuinely be a new version of Cybertron Megatron ala Super Megatron.

Well if its Kingdom, I?m hoping that Puffer turns out to be a poisonous puffer fish rather than a typo on Huffer.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by nalops View Post
    Could definitely be a mistake but the Japanese Selects line has been crazy so it could genuinely be a new version of Cybertron Megatron ala Super Megatron.
    Japan have indeed done a few obscure reissues in recent years, from the late 90s to early 00s, so the Unicron Trilogy probably isn't out of the question... but GEN Selects in Japan has been contemporary moulds, so maybe it is a toy that homages Cybertron Galvatron and someone put in place-holder info that they googled.

Maybe the next chapter after this revisit of the Beast era is homages to the Unicron Trilogy era (Armada, Energon, Cybertron). I think with Generations, the next "big" era to homage would be that one, as Beast Machines was one of the least popular series to Transformers fans (back then, and now), while RID/Car Robots was mostly a mix-n-match of existing toys, leaving only a small number of new moulds (only about 12) to homage (probably not enough to use as the foundation of a whole new chapter).

Combiner Wars - includes homages to mostly 1985-86 (combiners)
    Titans Return - includes homages to mostly 1987-88 (headmasters & targetmasters)
    Power of the Primes - some homages to 1988 (pretenders)
    Siege & Earthrise - includes homages to 1989-90 (micromasters)
    Kingdom - includes homages to 1986 and 1996 (Movie and Beast Wars)

(I have to be careful with my guesses, in case I get something correct and someone at Hasbro thinks I am leaking info from one of my sources, even though I didn't actually get any info.)

In-hand images of what is said to be T-Wrecks... a redeco of Kingdom Beast Megatron, to homage the Beast Machines T-Wrecks toy (which was also a redeco of the Beast Wars Megatron toy).

Barney, Megatron, now T-Wrecks. Does the world really need more purple dinosaurs?
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

It's red.