Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Power of the Primes toyline leaked

Combining Terrorcons? Fembots? Legends-class Duocon/s? Titan-class combining Predacons?!!

Goddammit Hasbro, I'm trying to budget here!

Also, that Cindersaur looks a lot like a remold/redeco of that Dinobot Slash.

Assuming this is true, my budget just got 0wned.

As cool as these all are. I'm kinda against the idea of leaking an entire line and then having that leak promoted throughout the fandom.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    As cool as these all are. I'm kinda against the idea of leaking an entire line and then having that leak promoted throughout the fandom.
    I understand your point as it does remove the surprise a little bit but I am more a fan of them mapping out in advance, even if no picks are available, where they are taking the line so that it gives me time to consider well in advance what I plan on purchasing. This mostly is because I would not purchase some 3P items if I knew that HasTak had in the pipeline well in advance.

The rest of the slideshow package...

It looks like a slideshow presentation for retailers... so for it to leak some high up people at Hasbro are gonna be pissed.
    Last edited by griffin; 25th July 2017 at 04:03 PM.

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

There are good leaks and bad leaks.

Good leaks encourage you to want more. Eg in this case some have said it may have screwed over Hascon. OTOH it has created excitement and people will want more than just some grainy pics. I wonder what Hasbro event that you might see those at.

Bad leaks cause problems. Eg photos of a product that is never produced causing frustration among the fans.

Ultimately it is how the leak gets spun.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/story.php?s...00402350310201

It looks like a slideshow presentation for retailers... so for it to leak some high up people at Hasbro are gonna be pissed.
    For us fans there are two ways they can handle it from here if the leaks are true. They can ignore the leaks and reveal these toys at the same time they were originally going to. Or they can put out their own images/renders of the toys and try to get on top of this. I find it amazing how many companies will go with the first option, it's like sticking your head in the sand.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/story.php?s...00402350310201

Gone already.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    That TF1 Blackout looks new... I wonder if it's a movie MP or just a leader class figure? Not sure about the Grimlock he's pictured with though, unfamiliar with his toys...
    Really hope its an MP Blackout but not holding my breath
    Dapto Dog for 2017

Absolutely love most of these reveals.

The new Leader Optimus looks absolutely fantastic. The way these leaders figure are designed I won't be surprised that Optimus Primal will be a core figure with a jet armor attached to "evolve" into Optimal Optimus.

And it's really nice of Hasbro to work all these classic pretenders into the gimmick.

Looks like aside from the Prime Masters, Leader Prime, Slag, Swoop, Grimlock, and the reveals at SDCC, everything is placeholder image. (Elita-One looks like a CAD drawing/prototype, and a Starscream re-mold. Not too sure what to think of that.)

Grimlock looks like he has combiner connectors too.

Titan class Predaking is great news and I have no doubt Takara would knock it out of the park like Devastator.