Thread: UK Definitive Comic collection from Hachette now in Australia

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post

I am torn though as I only really want half of this. Anyone only want the IDW volumes? We could team up!
    I collected the Star Trek fact files twenty years ago - still in a box somewhere.

I am torn though as I only really want half of this. Anyone only want the IDW volumes? We could team up!
    So these are covering IDW as well eh? Awesome! All of it or just selected issues? Are they covering the Dreamwave era as well?

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    So these are covering IDW as well eh? Awesome! All of it or just selected issues? Are they covering the Dreamwave era as well?
    Volumes release in the UK so far have included Marvel US, Marvel UK, Dreamwave and IDW - supposed to be all G1 so not things like the Armada or Movieverse comics, but it does have ReGeneration One.

Volumes release in the UK so far have included Marvel US, Marvel UK, Dreamwave and IDW - supposed to be all G1 so not things like the Armada or Movieverse comics, but it does have ReGeneration One.
    Cheers for the info. Hmmm.... it says 'definitive' but not 'comprehensive' so I assume it wont include absolutely everything. Was just wondering if I should stop buying regaulr comics from this point on as they will eventually show up in this set but who knows eh.

Looking at what has been released (list on wikipedia) I'd say there's a good chance that it will be all of DW and IDW.
    The latest mentioned volume as far as numbering is 64 which has comics from 2014-2015 so I think there's a good chance that volumes 65-80 will have comics from 2015-2017, so I'd say if it's G1 it will be in the collection somewhere

I never had anything to do with the comics back in the day so I'm in now to make up for lost time. I'm really only interested in the Marvel stuff but will give the more modern stuff a shot too.

Will probably have to go all in* because I don't know a single newsagent that will carry this for more than 4 issues but I've dreamed for quite a while of a collection weaving the US and UK Marvel issues together in chronological order.

*Only problem with IDW is I've already got most of it from Costa's Chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee2000 View Post
    Will probably have to go all in* because I don't know a single newsagent that will carry this for more than 4 issues but I've dreamed for quite a while of a collection weaving the US and UK Marvel issues together in chronological order.

*Only problem with IDW is I've already got most of it from Costa's Chaos.
    I phoned my local newsagent today and asked if they had it. They did but won't order the future issues for me due to people dropping out once they have to pay full price. Why bother getting the first issue in if they won't support the future ones?
    Ended up subscribing online after 200 attempts to navigate the stupid website.

It's a shame, but expected... it will make it difficult to acquire the few issues that I want (the recoloured issues), or even to just stop at the end of the 1980s comic if they are releasing them at random here as well.