Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Transformers Movie toyline - Studio Series

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/02/19/t...-images-359652

In hand photos of several of the figures.

Blackout is bought.

Starscream I'm going back and forth on. The HFTD Leader Class is a phenomenal figure and I found the DOTM Deluxe (which the Studio Series Screamer is based on) to be underwhelming. It photographs damn well though.

Prime looks... interesting. As with Leader Starscream, ROTF Leader Prime is pretty much unassailable, so I'm perhaps slightly lukewarm on this one too. The fake chest kibble kills it for me, I think. Fake chest parts with the actual real chest windows right underneath is a big turnoff.

Stinger is a big big yes, especially after I spend a few minutes going back over the concept art and seeing how close they managed to get it without cheating.

Jazz, Bumblebee and Brawl are all maybe. They look very good, but I've got enough good representations of each of them that I feel like I wouldn't be missing out to skip them. I do like the designs, but not to the extent of Starscream or Prime where I'll happily own multiple different versions. If these come to retail here I'll probably grab them, but won't order them off the internet like Blackout and Stinger.

Lockdown I'll wait to see more of. The sample on show over the weekend was underpainted, compared to the in hand photos of the figure above. It looks quite nice once painted up.

Megatron, Dread and Grimlock also look great from an engineering point of view, but I won't be getting them because the design and characters don't appeal.

Ratchet is the only one that outright seems a bit trash.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

The first eight of the Japanese release of the Studio Series toys are now up on HLJ, for an April release, and all but one are already pre-soldout.
    (these are just the same toys and packaging as the Hasbro versions, but with stickers on the boxes with Japanese names and details)

SS-01 - Bumblebee Deluxe
    SS-02 - Stinger Deluxe
    SS-03 - Crowbar Deluxe
    SS-04 - Ratchet Deluxe
    SS-05 - Optimus Prime Voyager
    SS-06 - Starscream Voyager
    SS-07 - Grimlock Leader
    SS-08 - Blackout Leader

Some more images and details of this new movie toyline.

Optimus (number 05) in box.

And product names found from their listings on retailer computers. Some are still codenames, like recent movie toylines, so it might be a little while yet for their true identities are known.
    So far known are 19 toys across 3 size classes.

Deluxe class – “Stryker2“, Stinger, Crowbar, Ratchet (Movie 1), Jazz, Lockdown – and then some new listings – “Stryker” (different listing to Stryker2, but probably suggests two of the same character. Hello, Bumblebee), Ratchet (again, different listing. Probably Dark of the Moon style), “Bluelight“, “Mercenary“, “Sentry“.
    Voyager class – Starscream, Optimus Prime (confirmed to be the “Radar” from listings a few days ago), Megatron, Brawl, Ironhide, Starscream (separate entry, this will probably be a Revenge of the Fallen tattooed version to go with the “clean” version we’ve seen in earlier leaks).
    Leader class – Blackout and Grimlock

Any chance of a rerelease of deluxe Leadfoot? Takara would make a killing.