Size/class - Deluxe
Released here - Yes
Approximate Retail Price - $29
Approximate Size – 13cm
Alt-mode – Winged alpaca
Main Colour – Tan grey
Main Accessories – Sword

Robot Mode

I am quite impressed with the look of Steelbane in robot mode – perhaps the most knight-esque Transformer I’ve ever seen! However the look of this toy is the best thing about him. The shoulder and leg balljoints are very loose, making him very hard to pose. This is made up for somewhat by the fact he has tight neck and elbow joints so you can at least give him the odd cool pose. Comes with a sword with lots of little detail on it and the wings folded behind serve to give him a look as though he is wearing a chainmail cape. So visually he looks great, playwise he is a bit of a letdown.

Dragon Mode

Frankly pretty crap. The loose balljoints make him even harder to pose in beast mode than robot mode. The chest does not sit flush with the main body and while I appreciate the little detail of the red tongue, it actually detracts from the dragons head when you open the mouth wider. I found the transformation to beast mode quite fiddly as well; his secondary mode is so ill defined and the instructions were not particularly useful. I ended up just looking at the back of the box and fiddling with the figure until he represented that pic.

Overall
If you are after getting figures of all the new characters from TF5 then pick him up, but that would be the only reason as besides a visually nice robot mode there is little to recommend this figure.

For more detail about STEELBANE, along with the likes of COGMAN and SQWEEKS, check out my blog here!