Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37

Thread: WTB: FT Iron Dibits

  1. #11
    Join Date
    18th Nov 2012
    Location
    Flemington
    Posts
    1,217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZoonMaster5000 View Post
    Not sure if this has been mentioned but ft-08 is not being re-issued so your only hope will be a 2nd hand one or go to hk as the seem to be the mecha of hard to get bots
    Oh hey that’s interesting. Is there a source for this is or it just kinda hearsay?

  2. #12
    Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member
    Join Date
    16th Sep 2016
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    539

    Default

    Annnnd there is a 2nd hand US one up on Ebay right now. If you want to pay $280, then another $120 for delivery.


    Okay. The theory is a bunch of Cease and Desists went around.

    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/thread...inder.1123391/

    So no more Grinder.

    But poking around on TFW2005 I found the Fanstoys release schedule confident enough to post a entry about the Head being reissued. With a link to an email response for Fanstoys.

    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/thread...esent.1131336/

    I have also spotted rumors of reissues for what rumors are worth.

    So... YMMV. I am sure some others here have more information.
    Last edited by Jellico; 24th March 2018 at 06:21 AM.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    21st May 2015
    Location
    Launceston
    Posts
    896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ploughmans Lunch View Post
    Oh hey that’s interesting. Is there a source for this is or it just kinda hearsay?
    https://m.facebook.com/story/graphql...Mzk4NTExNjA%3D

  4. #14
    Join Date
    18th Nov 2012
    Location
    Flemington
    Posts
    1,217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZoonMaster5000 View Post
    Sorry, can’t access it :/

  5. #15
    Join Date
    21st May 2015
    Location
    Launceston
    Posts
    896

    Default

    Ahh sorry about that it basically says that they have contacted Fanstoys and grinder will not be re-issued as there are too many bots in the production line and it’s been done 4 times already.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    18th Nov 2012
    Location
    Flemington
    Posts
    1,217

    Default

    Ah well! Can’t really justify spending $550+ on him via eBay and can’t really justify spending a bit less than that on FT-06, nor do I think I’m going to Hong Kong soon and I wouldn’t feel comfortable asking anyone who’s going any time soon to look/bring back such big boxes! So I’ll just pack up the regular versions and keep them in storage until a reissue. Or someone decides to sell theirs 2nd hand.

    I figure the demand is there for a reissue and what’s said now is never set in stone, and people on TFW throw out reasonable-enough sounding rumors anyway so whatever. At least I can display the G2 variants and I’ll just move on, though again if anyone’s keen to part with 6 and 8 I’d be keen!!

  7. #17
    Join Date
    19th Dec 2008
    Location
    Tasmania
    Posts
    2,867

    Default

    You might have some luck with trying mandarake and jungle online every now and then as well.
    I can't see any atm, but they do show up sometimes. Try searching for Funds Toys as well, a fair amount of their 3rd party stuff seems to be under mis-transliterated names.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    18th Nov 2012
    Location
    Flemington
    Posts
    1,217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    You might have some luck with trying mandarake and jungle online every now and then as well.
    I can't see any atm, but they do show up sometimes. Try searching for Funds Toys as well, a fair amount of their 3rd party stuff seems to be under mis-transliterated names.
    TRue. Forgot about Jungle Online oops.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    5th Apr 2011
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    26

    Default

    I've had a trawl through those TFW2005 forums, the C&D looks like it was directed at a UK Distributor for stocking FT-08 only (unless there's something I missed).

    I'm putting money (literally, as Premium Collectables screwed me over my pre-order) on an FT-08 reissue later this year. All the other dinos have been reissued, and another run of Grinder would literally be printing money.

    Speaking or reissues, does anyone have/know where I can get my hands on one of the recent FT-04 Scoria reissues (with the fixed shoulders/hips/paint apps)? Looking to replace my 1st issue of Scoria. Cheers.

  10. #20
    drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member
    Join Date
    20th Jul 2013
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    7,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by plakstift View Post
    I've had a trawl through those TFW2005 forums, the C&D looks like it was directed at a UK Distributor for stocking FT-08 only (unless there's something I missed).

    I'm putting money (literally, as Premium Collectables screwed me over my pre-order) on an FT-08 reissue later this year. All the other dinos have been reissued, and another run of Grinder would literally be printing money.

    Speaking or reissues, does anyone have/know where I can get my hands on one of the recent FT-04 Scoria reissues (with the fixed shoulders/hips/paint apps)? Looking to replace my 1st issue of Scoria. Cheers.
    I still have Cesium for sale, but Scoria reissue was some time back when I started to collect. Grinder will reissue, I suggest people to wait. No thanks to the idiot that lied to customers and let everyone hang.

    The ones people should be definitely buying now is Swoop which was just released again, after that it will be a long wait.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •