Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shane McCarthy talks about AHM, and confirms Drift toy.

Default Shane McCarthy talks about AHM, and confirms Drift toy.

From the website Comic Book Resources, an interview with Shane McCarthy, writer of IDW's All Hail Megatron Transformers comic:

http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=18585#

Includes further confirmation of Hasbro doing a Drift toy based on his character in the comic. As to when it will be released, is not yet known.
    The article has a heap of scans from the comic series, and a bit about the person behind the story.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

So looking forward to Drift!

I wonder what line Drift'll be a part of...? (Alternity? or will it be like the Chevy Aveo Swerve & be a stand-alone Universe figure?)

Who cares about Drift?

Kup is back, Perceptor looks like a bad mutha (shaft) and Roadbuster is humongous!

Just hope that McCarthy continues on the "-tion" thread that Kup has returned right from the brink of death, and doesnt gloss over it.

And the "interview" is not really much that has not been released before.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Joining the ranks of classic Autobots like Jazz and Ratchet in the upcoming fifth issue of the series will be Drift, a brand new character who holds the distinction of being the very first Transformers character ever to make the jump from the comic page to the toy aisle, a distinction that had McCarthy "pretty chuffed to say the least."
    Not true. Titanium Series did give us several toys of characters that originated from comics (i.e.: War Within) and we've seen other 'mainstream' toys that have been influenced by comic designs, e.g.: Galaxy Force/Cybertron Optimus Prime & Starscream (obviously influenced by War Within Prime and Starscream).

Having said that, I find Titanium Series to be appallingly crap TF action figures (underwhelming engineering and poor playability) and it wasn't marketed as part of the "mainstream line" of Transformers (more of a sub-line), so Drift may be the first comic-book character to be realised as a proper 'mainstream' TF action figure if it's released say in the Universe line.

I initially thought Classics Jetfire was based on IDW Jetfire because the design did appear in the comics before the toy came out, but of course we all know that in reality it was because IDW had received images of the Classics Jetfire toy in advance so that they were able to insert him into the comics before the toy came out. It was conceived as a toy first.

So while I enjoy Titanium Series as display items, if Drift turns out to be an actual toy that I can play with then yeah... I'd be chuffed! Let's hope he's not undone by poor QC... (-_-)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Not true. Titanium Series did give us several toys of characters that originated from comics (i.e.: War Within) and we've seen other 'mainstream' toys that have been influenced by comic designs, e.g.: Galaxy Force/Cybertron Optimus Prime & Starscream (obviously influenced by War Within Prime and Starscream).
    Hate to be picky but the article says Drift is the first "character" to make the jump. The War Within examples are comic designs making it to the toy aisle but they were for existing characters.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Hate to be picky but the article says Drift is the first "character" to make the jump. The War Within examples are comic designs making it to the toy aisle but they were for existing characters.
    What about The Fallen?

Can't wait to see how the toy of Drift turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    What about The Fallen?
    Jihaxus is probably the actual first character that was a comic only character to make the jump, although the toy didn't really match the comic version.

Eitherway I'd be more than happy for more comic character-based toys. I'm still hanging out for a Hearts of Steel Bumblebee

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Just hope that McCarthy continues on the "-tion" thread that Kup has returned right from the brink of death, and doesnt gloss over it.
    Kup was also, you know, a batcrap insane murderer who killed a large number of would-be Autobot rescuers and talked to the corpse of Outback.

And for AHM addressing this... what do you think given the other things that have been ignored or glossed over thus far?
    Last edited by FFN; 29th October 2008 at 08:03 PM.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Who cares about Drift?
    You deserve a paddling for that!

Drift has me totally psyched! (not for the comic but for the upcoming figure... )

Phwoar!