Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 27374243444546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Convoy 3.0 Revealed

i think i saw robot kingdom on FB say they will be shipping on 31st august

I got charged by HLJ a few hours ago, along with MPM-8 Movie Megatron. Damn that hurt!!
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Payment request received from OhMyPrimus, so will probably receive in about a week. Can?t wait!

Also, it appears the voice chip also plays Peter Cullens? voicelines!

The new toy in-hand (for those like me who couldn't justify a third MP Optimus at over AU$400)... and a video of the electronic recordings, including bonus English recordings by Peter Cullen.

Received mine from Nippon Yasan this morning. I?ve spent most of the day with it. Absolutely gorgeous figure. Transformation wasn?t bad at all, just scary in some places, especially that last click to get the torso tabbed into the waist. I prefer the S1 head but they made it too small, looks like a pin head next to Megatron. I?ll stick with the S2 head. Paint is good on both copies.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

thanks for the update, are the joints tight enough? To me the figure just pops, the red just feels correct.

Looks like MP-44 has earned a recognition for excellence award at a Japanese Toy Awards in the high end category.
    I'm not sure what that means, or who was responsible for choosing that toy for the award (if it is even an award, as it just seems to be an official industry acknowledgement of it being a well designed expensive toy).

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    thanks for the update, are the joints tight enough? To me the figure just pops, the red just feels correct.
    The joints are tight, there's a little wiggle room in between ratchets but overall it gives the figure a bit more flexibility when posing.

I'll be honest though. I'm a huge Takara Tomy fan but this isn't worth $500 Aussie dollars. I thought at that price point this figure would be flawless with strong plastic and die cast. It's not. It's just another figure in their MP line. There's nothing new here besides a more advanced transformation. The figure is still easily prone to scratches from transformation and breakage from weak materials. This is worth $350 AUD max.

On the other hand, the figure is drop dead gorgeous with the painted red, blue, grey, white, and yellow. Absolutely stunning. The back pack isn't noticeable in hand. There is so much play value with the trailer and accessories. I got tired at looking through all the options in the manual. There's just so much to see and do.

I don't know, yeah I'm happy with it but that price still cuts. It feels like I got shafted but at the end of the day, this is the Optimus Prime I always wanted. I just wish it was more of a premium product to match the premium price.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Apparently there is a cautionary video on the knee joint of possibility of breaking.
    I honestly hope it isn?t the case.
    Imo if not for price factor I think is the best looking one out of the new primes.
    But of course some people will prefer the other.

https://www.facebook.com/DaimChocRep...0011591793266/

Even if it's built from a titanium super alloy, some banana will still find a way to break it.
    Then the sky will fall.