Here's the thing though... people are wanting a new MP Convoy at the same level of engineering as more recent MPs like Ironhide, Inferno, MP36 etc. You know that when you jump the tech level up that it's going to cost more.

MP10 was nearly twice the price of MP01
MP36 was about double the price of MP05
MP Sunstreaker was about double the price of MP Lambor
...etc

So it should come as little surprise that MP Convoy Mk 3 would be about double the price of MP10 (x2.27 to be precise).

Is the toy worth it? I honestly don't know. It depends on whether or not the toy's design and engineering can justify it. It's not so much the price but value for money. The MP Coneheads are examples of really poor value for money, and IMO MP9 was also not great. But you look at toys like MP36 and MP Sunstreaker, both pretty expensive toys. But I'd say that most people would agree that they are worth what you pay. MP36 is twice the price of MP5 because it's twice as good. MP Sunstreaker is about twice as good as MP Lambor. So if MP Convoy Mk 3 can be about twice as good as MP10 then it could be said that it's worth its asking price.

Or it could be like MP9 or the MP Coneheads and be rip offs. The difference is that MP9 and the Coneheads are the only MP toys of those characters (well, until Hasbro offered a cheaper MP Rodimus Prime sans trailer). MP Convoy Mk 3 is not the only game in town. We have MP01 and MP10. So really... if this toy is too much for you, then just stick with your existing MP Convoys! That's what I'm planning on doing. I don't need a third MP Convoy.

P.S.: There's a chance that this toy might shelfwarm, encouraging retailers to slash prices to move dead stock later.