Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
Who do you trust to do a better job of security? A local GP clinic or the Australian government? If you answered a local GP then you are insane.

No networked security is perfect, but at least the government has security personnel on staff. Your local GP on the other hand could very well terrible security and you would never know it.

Frankly if my records have to be in someone's cloud I'd rather the one with a known good level of security, not a GP that could have extremely terrible security.
You completely missed the point of my post.

Also those GPs with crappy security you’re talking about are going to have unrestricted access to this database. So if someone were to gain access through one of these GPs yor refer to, they could potentially access the records of anyone. Not just that particular GP’s patients.

We have internet security experts everywhere saying that what the government is proposing is at best a half arsed solution. The rules around its use are rubbery at best and will be subject to the whim of the government of the time. Your data is being treated as a product and will be used as such in the future. Same with your kids. Provided it doesn’t end up hosted on a website first . Are you ok with that?