Even G1 had unrelated name reuses.
Lightspeed and Lightspeed, Sky High and Sky High, Barrage and Barrage, Flame and Flame etc. Also, remember that Cloud Starscream was a redeco of Generations Blitzwing, so the similarity between Blitzwing and Starscream isn't a wholly new thing.

Besides, how many other Bayformers look like one character but is named after another?
e.g. the black and white police car that looks like Stakeout is actually Barricade!
Then there are those which are nothing alike, such as Rampage etc. etc. etc. Also, having Starscream on Earth in 1987 might create continuity issues with the first live action film.

Anyway, back on topic...

Best of the SDCC reveals for me were CHUG Swindler and Bumblebee Movie Deluxe figure. Worst would be that Ultra Class Cyberverse toy. Geez... in 1996 Hasbro gave us Ultra Class figures like Optimus Primal which, in relative terms, rivals Masterpiece Beast Convoy. The original Ultra Class figures, like many BW figures, were ahead of its time. The Cyberverse Ultra Class figure looks pretty poor by 2018 standards. Forget rivalling MPs, it looks like it's already outclassed by the Scout Class toys.

The animation style/quality of the Cyberverse cartoon doesn't look great to me. Is it still being animated in Japan or is it all in-house stateside Hasbro animation now? Story-wise I do like how the Autobots and Decepticons appear to be a united faction. I hope that this is the actual premise of the show and that they run with it. The idea of a reunified post-war Cybertron is something that hasn't really been explored in the cartoon but has most notably been explored in the IDW comics (despite John Barber's appalling command of the English language).