Page 48 of 189 FirstFirst ... 283843444546474849505152535868 ... LastLast

Thread: Amazon AUSTRALIA Transformers items

My Grapple has also been cancelled and the US one is gone, I guess I should have swapped them when it was $50 but other than Siege, wave 1 is never the difficult wave to find.

I'm sure that both characters, but especially Starscream will see wider release in a repack assortment. It's probably supply issues, and they know Starscream (alike Bumblebee) is a perennial money-maker. Hasbro won't want to leave money on the table. I wouldn't be gulled into paying ebay reseller prices for him yet.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    I'm sure that both characters, but especially Starscream will see wider release in a repack assortment. It's probably supply issues, and they know Starscream (alike Bumblebee) is a perennial money-maker. Hasbro won't want to leave money on the table. I wouldn't be gulled into paying ebay reseller prices for him yet.
    Yeah, Starscream is already listed for another release with Megatron.
    I wouldn't even worry about Grapple, he's packed 2 per case of 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    I wouldn't even worry about Grapple, he's packed 2 per case of 3.
    When did Hasbro start doing cases of three Voyagers? I don't normally pay attention to cases but I remember it being an even number in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    When did Hasbro start doing cases of three Voyagers? I don't normally pay attention to cases but I remember it being an even number in the past.

They do vary. TLK was down to 2 Voyagers per case. But back to your question, if you look at OMP and EE listings for voyagers, theyre cases of 3 & Starscream is in every one :

This Transformers Generations Earthrise Voyager Wave 2 Case contains 3 individually packaged action figures:
    1x Starscream
    2x Snapdragon
    The War for Cybertron is on! Big robots prepare for the Earthrise with Transformers Generations War for Cybertron: Earthrise Deluxe toys! Each figure has awesome weapons, intense detailing, and weathered battle-damage paint jobs. Case includes 3 individually packaged action figures:
    1x Starscream Earth
    2x Grapple
    Hasbro Takara Tomy Transformers Generations War For Cybertron : Earthrise Voyager - Megatron X 2 Pcs / Starscream (Set of 3)

I had this pointed out to me after I saw 12 Grapples in a store and only 1 Starscream - surely 11 hasn’t sold that quickly I thought!

Seeing how Starscream is going to be in three waves you’d think they could repaint him in blue/grey or black/purple?

The short-packing is most likely due to two things - some retailers are still likely to have Siege Starscream or Thundercracker on the shelf, so don't want more of a similar looking toy (because they are packed in robot mode)... and if we are likely to have one or more Seeker redecos at some point later, there can't be too many of the first version floating around to make it look like they are just getting more of the same toy.
    I'm surprised that we haven't heard or seen officially any other Seekers from the new Starscream mould yet. Probably all limited exclusives though.

I think that Entertainment Earth listing of wave 2 is wrong though, as wave 2 is supposed to have Quintesson Judge and Snapdragon, and I would imagine the Judge being short-packed (in place of Starscream) as it is one that has two odd looking modes that would only appeal to some of us long time fans (whereas Snapdragon is a jet and dragon, which will appeal to the casual parent or kid buyer).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The short-packing is most likely due to two things - some retailers are still likely to have Siege Starscream or Thundercracker on the shelf, so don't want more of a similar looking toy (because they are packed in robot mode)... and if we are likely to have one or more Seeker redecos at some point later, there can't be too many of the first version floating around to make it look like they are just getting more of the same toy.
    I'm surprised that we haven't heard or seen officially any other Seekers from the new Starscream mould yet. Probably all limited exclusives though.

I think that Entertainment Earth listing of wave 2 is wrong though, as wave 2 is supposed to have Quintesson Judge and Snapdragon, and I would imagine the Judge being short-packed (in place of Starscream) as it is one that has two odd looking modes that would only appeal to some of us long time fans (whereas Snapdragon is a jet and dragon, which will appeal to the casual parent or kid buyer).
    I saw mention the other day that Snapdragon is the short pack. Maybe Hasbro is expecting a few people like me that want to army build with the Quints.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I saw mention the other day that Snapdragon is the short pack. Maybe Hasbro is expecting a few people like me that want to army build with the Quints.
    Not enough people did that with Titans Return Gnaw and Siege Reflector, as they ended up shelf-warming after the fans fought over the first batch, because the general public wouldn't have known or been interested in army building... or prioritising Reflector, who turns into something called a "spaceship" on the packaging.

Assortment ratios are always a guessing gamble for Hasbro, because once they are out in stores, it's almost always too late to manufacture more before that toyline ends... and the product line for the next series is already pretty much locked in due to the long development period for Transformers (about 12-18 months from drawing board to manufacturing).

I just had a look at Entertainment Earth, and their assortments for wave 2 and 3 don't match the release dates Hasbro released in their New York press-releases.

Wave 1 - 1 Starscream & 2 Grapples

Wave 2 - 1 Starscream & 2 Snapdragons

Wave 3 - 1 Judge & 2 Megatrons

The Earthrise numbers and press-release dates for Snapdragon and Judge should have them both in wave 2... but obviously, things can change at any time, so we might just have to wait and see what shows up in stores in the next 3 months.