Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Cyberverse - are the toys getting too simple or are people getting dumber?

*sigh*

We, the collectors have studio series and we have generations.

Cyberverse, cyber battalion and authentics are cheaper alternatives with easier transformations why? Because a cheaper price point means that it entices parents to buy something that can stand up to rough play, that a non transformers fan can convert for their kids if they get stuck and look like a star, but the really big reason is:

Everyone who was there from the start is now in their 40's and we're not getting younger. To continue the brand you need an intermediate jumping on point: RID, cyberverse, authentics and cyber battlion.

Buy them if you must but, these lines aren't targeted at us.

I'm sure someone will say, "but my child of an arbitrary amount of months and seconds is brilliant and does my taxes", good for you, glad you have such a brilliant child but what about everyone else? What about the casual fan who just wants a cool Megatron for their shelf with out spending too much? Authentics or the 4yo who's seen all the bayverse movies (why? I do not know) and wants a Bumblebee or the person in the office after a cheap desk toy: Cyberverse.

These lines are created for a broader audience, not particularly for us, not really for anyone who is well versed in this brand's mythology. This is a coordinated effort to grow the audience like when Coke introduced the slim can: so they can get their product into
    small hands.

Personally I like the cyberverse scout class grimlock, nice sculpt I don't really care about it's strange half mode.

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    *sigh*

We, the collectors have studio series and we have generations.

Cyberverse, cyber battalion and authentics are cheaper alternatives with easier transformations why? Because a cheaper price point means that it entices parents to buy something that can stand up to rough play, that a non transformers fan can convert for their kids if they get stuck and look like a star...
    One of the issues already talked about in this thread (numerous times), is that Cyberverse are not cheap.

Cheap can be good, cheap can be bad. Pricey can be good, pricey can be bad. Cyberverse is just bad...in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    This reminds me of why MTV has such a bad reputation among music connoisseurs. Because those programming the music just want to make a buck and have no passion for the music as long as greed is fulfilled thus you see/hear all these talentless mime artists and the existence of shareholder music (not to be confused with actual music).
    Well I think it's well documented now that even though the 'audience' is said to be 18 to 25, the actual target demographic and main bulk of MTV's audience is 12 to 15 year old girls with disposable incomes from their parents. Hence why its all reality TV and lip-synchers rather than, you know, real singers and musicians. Makes it easier for product placement

Sniff... and its why the killed Celebrity Deathmatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bemblebuu View Post
    One of the issues already talked about in this thread (numerous times), is that Cyberverse are not cheap
    ^This

Galvatran Guest

All this talk of (high) price is redundant in today's world. We have dialysis machines & life support equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    All this talk of (high) price is redundant in today's world. We have dialysis machines & life support equipment.
    At my age, with my habits and the life I’ve led, no one wants to buy my organs.

Hell, no one even wants to rent them for an hour in a sleazy motel anymore

Everyone who was there from the start is now in their 40's and we're not getting younger.
    YOU OFFEND, SIR!!

that's me next year...
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Another thing with Cyberverse not being targeted at 'the collector/ over 40 crowd'; why not target EVERYBODY???

Make them hardy enough to withstand rough play from the young 'uns, make them simple to transform (complex transformation does not equal good), make them worth their price, and make them look good.

Doesn't it make more sense ($$$) to market any toyline, especially Transformers which has a rabid old school fanbase, to appeal to its entire audience young and old???

Quote Originally Posted by Bemblebuu View Post
    One of the issues already talked about in this thread (numerous times), is that Cyberverse are not cheap.

Cheap can be good, cheap can be bad. Pricey can be good, pricey can be bad. Cyberverse is just bad...in my opinion.
    ↑ This so much

Remember when the first live action movie toys gave us Fast Action Battlers? They were far more simpler versions but at the same price as Deluxes. The Deluxes sold well while the FABs pegwarmed.

I'm sure someone will say, "but my child of an arbitrary amount of months and seconds is brilliant and does my taxes", good for you, glad you have such a brilliant child but what about everyone else? What about the casual fan who just wants a cool Megatron for their shelf with out spending too much? Authentics or the 4yo who's seen all the bayverse movies (why? I do not know) and wants a Bumblebee or the person in the office after a cheap desk toy: Cyberverse.
    Or we can also remember when WE were children collecting Transformers and preferring superior toys over the simpler ones.

e.g. early 1990s where Action Masters shelfwarmed and the Classic reissues sold strongly

We had toys like Action Master Sideswipe and Classic Sideswipe on shelves at the same time. Guess which toy gave me buyer's remorse. Especially as a kid buying these toys with limited pocket money.

With the Bumblebee movie toy line coming later this year, it's bad timing for Cyberverse. And for Hasbro to give POTP less priority over Cyberverse and the Bumblebee movie in Australia would be very heartbreaking.
    After all, we're still waiting on POTP wave 2.

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    At my age, with my habits and the life I’ve led, no one wants to buy my organs.

Hell, no one even wants to rent them for an hour in a sleazy motel anymore
    Anymore did you say? Enlighten us with your adventures far and wide. Yes, far and wide.