Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Jaw-dropping sale of TF5 toys at BigW.

I already have two Megatrons, but for a fiver I'd probably grab Hound, Prime and probably even Nitro Zeus despite already owning SS Thundercracker.

TLK Voyager Megatron for a fiver is probably one of the best deals of all time. It's an incredible figure.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

$10 today is better than none at $5 tomorrow so i gave Prime and Hound a shot.

I would love Scorn and NZ if a Brisbane person can find them.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmus View Post
    Doncaster about 15 minutes ago. The Nitro Zuess are $10. No Voyagers or Leaders yet.

Damn... I never saw Nitro in stores at all (and just one Scorn at a single Target).... so if any of my nearby stores have it looking like that, I'd be stunned.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Nitro and Scorn are Voyagers (I assume that’s a typo)

Voyager toys are $10 on the website so there’s a chance the prices on deluxes and Voyagers are swapped in the catalogue.

They might still honour the catalogue price.

It probably makes more sense for the prices to be swapped around... but we'll never know, unless BigW issues a correction/retraction for those two items.

If those are the intended prices, the catalogue starts tomorrow (December 13th), so either the prices will change tomorrow just for the sale dates, or, they will be expected to honour the catalogue price if you have it on hand with you. (they don't have to honour it because they can withdraw it from sale, but they wouldn't go to the trouble of withdrawing all of the items... and the price difference of $5 wouldn't be enough to worry about.

Also noting the final waves of 1-steps and Legions in that photo too, which didn't see much of a release globally.

Does anyone know if this is just whatever is already at the store or if they've been restocking? Might go either way but the closest one hasn't had voyagers for a while.

Doncaster would not have had that many Scorns or Nitro before the catalogue sale. Most Big W's around me had put clearance prices on TLK Voyagers ages ago and got rid of them - but never this low!

So expect your store to restock - like with the Seaspray, Cosmos, Octane and Blitzwing a few months ago. They might not be in the regular toy aisle either if the deep discount Titans Returns toys are anything to go by.

I take back my early speculation. On the Big W website Voyagers are currently $10 and Deluxes are $20. So the catalogue price being "half-price" and the deluxes indeed being $5 more than voyagers would be a logical conclusion. Order online for lucky dip "fun".

Voyagers
    Deluxes

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Doncaster would not have had that many Scorns or Nitro before the catalogue sale. Most Big W's around me had put clearance prices on TLK Voyagers ages ago and got rid of them - but never this low!

So expect your store to restock - like with the Seaspray, Cosmos, Octane and Blitzwing a few months ago. They might not be in the regular toy aisle either if the deep discount Titans Returns toys are anything to go by.

I take back my early speculation. On the Big W website Voyagers are currently $10 and Deluxes are $20. So the catalogue price being "half-price" and the deluxes indeed being $5 more than voyagers would be a logical conclusion. Order online for lucky dip "fun".

Voyagers
    Deluxes
    Thanks for that, sounds like a sure thing that there will be something there. Feeling cynical after SA got all the Brawns and Kickbacks and none of the Cosmos and Seaspray's but that's just me making up for not complaining at the time

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee2000 View Post
    Does anyone know if this is just whatever is already at the store or if they've been restocking? Might go either way but the closest one hasn't had voyagers for a while.

Exactly what Paulbot said... it's "new" (re)stock from Hasbro, like the discounted Generations toys a few months back - it would be excess global stock of a discontinued series that has been offloaded for next to nothing (which we would normally see at the Reject Shop or TKMaxx).

Galvatran Guest

Isn't that 'dumping'? Not that I'm complaining.

I picked up 1x Nitro Zeus and 2x Scorn from Big W Tuggeranong yesterday afternoon. They weren't displayed yet and were out the back. The bloke said they arrived yesterday. They scanned in at $10, so I can only assume that the original catalogue got the deluxe and voyager prices mixed