Page 19 of 46 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242939 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan-backed Hasbro project: Unicron

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    They'd better get their act together because I won't be leaving it to the last minute to order this, regardless of where I get it from.
    Yep.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

EDIT: Never mind, didn't see the thread in the Australian News section. Whoops!

Looks like Griffin's campaigning has had some results:

https://www.zingpopculture.com.au/pr...cron-27-figure
    https://www.ebgames.com.au/product/l...cron-27-figure

The blurb says the pre-order hinges on the success of the crowd funding campaign and that orders through EB/Zing count towards that total. Between a very reasonable price and the option to click and collect from my local store, the choice became a no-brainer for me. Pre-order locked in.

I ordered with Zing last night, for pick up in about 2 years.
    Can't describe quite how excited I am about this. I sure hope we hit 8000. I am pretty sure it'll happen if theyre counting international orders like this. I mean, they'd be nuts not to.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Any NZ people here??? Mightyape will sort you out

https://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/...igure/31121619

And I spoke to a zing/eb store today. For web orders, you have to go to the store you chose for pickup to make instalments. If you picked delivery, then you are stuck waiting till the end.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I ordered with Zing last night, for pick up in about 2 years.
    Can't describe quite how excited I am about this. I sure hope we hit 8000. I am pretty sure it'll happen if theyre counting international orders like this. I mean, they'd be nuts not to.
    Someone on TFW claims they are friends with an employee of one of the US resellers (BBTS, TFSource etc). Apparently that one reseller has already got 850 orders! If that is true it's in the bag.

I?m assuming if the store you chose to pick up from closes down then they?ll contact you about picking a different location?
    I thought there was talk not long ago about EB not doing well financially... tempted to pull the trigger on two but don?t want to be left with none

Quote Originally Posted by Joshy View Post
    I?m assuming if the store you chose to pick up from closes down then they?ll contact you about picking a different location?
    I thought there was talk not long ago about EB not doing well financially... tempted to pull the trigger on two but don?t want to be left with none
    Ok, so I asked Micheal Pachter who is a Wall Street financial analyst that covers video game companies including Gamestop (AKA EB Games) about Gamestop's financial situation. He said that if Gamestop did nothing and just let the business continue to lose money at it's current rate they still have about 7 or 8 years before they would be forced to shut down. So I figure they probably won't be shutting down stores in the next 18 months or so, especially since they have a potentially big financial win coming their way next November with the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Scarlett launching.

That said they are making changes to their business so that they can survive longer than 7 to 8 years.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Ok, so I asked Micheal Pachter who is a Wall Street financial analyst that covers video game companies including Gamestop (AKA EB Games) about Gamestop's financial situation. He said that if Gamestop did nothing and just let the business continue to lose money at it's current rate they still have about 7 or 8 years before they would be forced to shut down. So I figure they probably won't be shutting down stores in the next 18 months or so, especially since they have a potentially big financial win coming their way next November with the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Scarlett launching.

That said they are making changes to their business so that they can survive longer than 7 to 8 years.
    Joshy is correct. From what I understand, Gamestop recently had its share price drop to its lowest point in about 15 years. Together with sales revenue being down 10%, equity being down, there is talk about cost efficiencies that will be implemented which could include store closures as bricks and mortar are seen as one of their weaknesses at the moment due to the competitiveness of online stores. Now if that happens, it is likely to impact upon EB Games. If there are store closures, the EB Games website terms and conditions have some very interesting terms which, to paraphrase, let them cancel preorders at any time...

Do I think it will happen? Probably not. But then again a lot can happen in the next 18-24 months, especially with Trump sending the US economy (and global economy with it) down the toilet and talks of recessions being possible. I would not dismiss concerns based off the word of one analyst.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Joshy is correct. From what I understand, Gamestop recently had its share price drop to its lowest point in about 15 years. Together with sales revenue being down 10%, equity being down, there is talk about cost efficiencies that will be implemented which could include store closures as bricks and mortar are seen as one of their weaknesses at the moment due to the competitiveness of online stores. Now if that happens, it is likely to impact upon EB Games. If there are store closures, the EB Games website terms and conditions have some very interesting terms which, to paraphrase, let them cancel preorders at any time...

Do I think it will happen? Probably not. But then again a lot can happen in the next 18-24 months, especially with Trump sending the US economy (and global economy with it) down the toilet and talks of recessions being possible. I would not dismiss concerns based off the word of one analyst.
    That’s quite interesting info - thanks for sharing man

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post

Sure, ignore what the actual financial expert says and spread some FUD.

I work at a retailer that has had a ton of FUD spread about it by the media. What is actually going on vs what the media reports is massively different. Media today doesn't care about telling a story accurately, they care about getting clicks. Saying Big W is shutting down half its stores and thousands of people will be out of work was far more "newsworthy" than the reality of the situation.

Is Gamestop in a good financial situation? No. But are they shutting down tomorrow? No.

The big three-quarters of a billion-dollar loss that we all freaked out about was just a one-off accounting thing where they had to write an investment down as a loss. It had no impact on the day to day operation of the company. If it wasn't for that accounting issue they would have made a small profit.

Don't go by media reports, it's not "fake news" but it is written in a way to get clicks instead of properly relay the facts in an easy to understand manner.