Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 18283334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan-backed Hasbro project: Unicron

TFW have a heap of screenshots here, if anyone wanted to use them for reference or to show off details or its size to others.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    The colour of the plastic surrounding the teeth in the planet mode maw. In the prototype that plastic was orange. As seen in the latest videos (got to 2:48 in the video a few posts up), it is now the blue-grey of the shell.

Yep, that's it.

Now sure, it isn't entirely cartoon accurate, but ... bloody hell, some of those people over there have insane entitlement issues. The last few weeks, especially since it was announced that Robotkingdom has physical possession of stock, have been full of people angrily demanding this, that, and the other from Hasbro like their little worlds depend on it.
    I couldn’t agree more they are acting rather childish. Like I understand like all franchises the fans can be bad (spend 5 minutes amongst star wars fans online in some groups and you’ll wish you went the way of the death star) but i expect better from grown adults.

We aren’t kids, things aren’t ever perfect, in what fantasy world is anything the exact way you expect it?

Ignoring the fanboy outrage, I do wonder why they would change it though. Looking up the prototype transformation vid they posted way back shows the maw and front of the planet just fold away into a backpack (the lazy backpacking/shellforming aspect is the real crime here ), thus the blue wasn't needed for the robot mode. So considering they've had it "animation accurate" all this time, what caused the change?

Quote Originally Posted by Borgeman View Post
    So considering they've had it "animation accurate" all this time, what caused the change?
    Is it animation accurate though? They?ve taken too many liberties for it to be a close representation of Unicron from the movie.

It's only 50% animation accurate anyway. Im certain they said inspired by & not a direct copy.
    The Hasbro bot mode is a lazy mess of dangling shells which look nothing the source material -Zeta Toys' 3P Unicron puts Hasbro to shame there. Their planet mode however is the downside to having a screen accurate bot.
    As for Mawgate, meh.

Just fix it with Reprolabels.

Interesting tid-bit:

When we got Zing pricing, we were better off than the US price in a straight conversion (can’t remember how much)

Now we are about $100 overpriced (today’s exchange rate)

Quote Originally Posted by danny-boy View Post
    Is it animation accurate though? They?ve taken too many liberties for it to be a close representation of Unicron from the movie.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to infer it's properly animation accurate, just meant that the parts that matter looked to be more closely faithful, rather than the general look/overall engineering.
    And besides all that, the maw was previously shown to be all the one yellowy orange colour. It is curious to say the least.

I'd surmise more than a few of the angry rabid people probably planned to keep him in planet mode, being the better looking (and probably more imposing) mode, aaaand now their dreams are ruined

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Ruuuuuuuuuned, it's all RUUUUUUUUUNED FOREVAH!!!11!!!1! eleventy.

Fans. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    Interesting tid-bit:

When we got Zing pricing, we were better off than the US price in a straight conversion (can’t remember how much)

Now we are about $100 overpriced (today’s exchange rate)
    I did that caculation about a month ago. With the increase in the value of the Australian dollar, back then AUD $848 was USD $571, now it is USD $657. Not really bothered; I mean yes, it would be nice to pay less for it, but when I see what other people are being charged for postage (especially that poor bastard in, I think, central or eastern Europe)...

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    Ruuuuuuuuuned, it's all RUUUUUUUUUNED FOREVAH!!!11!!!1! eleventy.

Fans. Ugh.

I did that caculation about a month ago. With the increase in the value of the Australian dollar, back then AUD $848 was USD $571, now it is USD $657. Not really bothered; I mean yes, it would be nice to pay less for it, but when I see what other people are being charged for postage (especially that poor bastard in, I think, central or eastern Europe)...
    Wasnt postage more than the item itself? Something like $700US for EMS?

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.